1993 Kona Cinder Cone

Re: Re:

mk one":6vpf1vjj said:
rrrroberts":6vpf1vjj said:
I always wanted a 1993 Kona with these two colour paint schemes. Finally got a Cinder Cone and it hasn't got the second colour - just the champagne beige. All original right down to tyres, just a different paint scheme. Any others around?

Did this get built? good to see some pics :)

Just got the bike back out and should have it cabled up this week, hopefully in time for this months BoTM.

Cheers.

Not yet, not even sure where it fits in to the queue of projects.
Your CC looks stunning though. What width tyres? They look a fraction wider than normal, which looks really sweet. I'll probably go down the M735 route too, rather than the lightweight factory spec (sugino cranks SS7s etc that came with it). Probably won't use the silver Bontrager rims either - anodized all the way. One of the bikes I'm most excited about building, despite a shed full of distinctly non blue collar frames.

Milpool":37p41n8d said:
That turned out amazing. I love it.

Thank you, wouldnt have been my first choice of parts, just used what i had spare but quite happy with it myself too.

Re: Re:

rrrroberts":1heq4xdm said:
mk one":1heq4xdm said:
rrrroberts":1heq4xdm said:
I always wanted a 1993 Kona with these two colour paint schemes. Finally got a Cinder Cone and it hasn't got the second colour - just the champagne beige. All original right down to tyres, just a different paint scheme. Any others around?

Did this get built? good to see some pics :)

Just got the bike back out and should have it cabled up this week, hopefully in time for this months BoTM.

Cheers.

Not yet, not even sure where it fits in to the queue of projects.
Your CC looks stunning though. What width tyres? They look a fraction wider than normal, which looks really sweet. I'll probably go down the M735 route too, rather than the lightweight factory spec (sugino cranks SS7s etc that came with it). Probably won't use the silver Bontrager rims either - anodized all the way. One of the bikes I'm most excited about building, despite a shed full of distinctly non blue collar frames.

Thanks, think the tyres are 2.1, cant remember off top of my head.

I never really minded Kona's choice of components, and the fact they liked to mix it up a bit, on any of their bikes. Made a change from the complete groupsets on other bikes. Though i do quite like the bike now its finished, i think the black finish on some of the parts helps.

I agree, the black scheme definitely makes a difference, I think the black wheels are a big factor. You've inspired me to get mine back off the shelf. My components list is a much less attractive hodge podge but I just want it rideable and I will upgrade as I accumulate. Seat post is the lamest hold up.

Looking forward to the ride report!

Milpool":11qzhkge said:
I agree, the black scheme definitely makes a difference, I think the black wheels are a big factor. You've inspired me to get mine back off the shelf. My components list is a much less attractive hodge podge but I just want it rideable and I will upgrade as I accumulate. Seat post is the lamest hold up.

Looking forward to the ride report!

Personally i think the frame and forks of these early Kona's are the main component as it were, as long as it works then it doesnt matter what parts are bolted to it.

Oh, and make sure you start a thread for it when you start building it :cool:

benjabbi":1zjqw0pd said:
Looks awesome! Love the paint schemes on the 93 Konas.

The 93 cinder cones are awsome bikes, mine is a long way from finished.....

Attachments

• ck.jpg
    ck.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 384
Julius72":23kdpw63 said:
benjabbi":23kdpw63 said:
Looks awesome! Love the paint schemes on the 93 Konas.

The 93 cinder cones are awsome bikes, mine is a long way from finished.....

Doesnt look like it needs much to get it back running. Is it a single colour? hard to tell in picture.

Latest posts

Back