1993 Kona Cinder Cone

Re: Re:

Milpool":33uib0yt said:
I have a 93 Cinder Cone at about the same stage as yours but it's my first project. Keen to see how yours unfolds!

Pictures are always welcome here ;)

This bike is just having random parts thrown at it, if i had more money and less projects already in the wings i would probably look to restoring this to near catalogue spec :)

Mark

Well, not realy progress as such, just seeing what it looks like with black wheels and post :) P1010453 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
pencilman77":32k8wh04 said:
Nice to see another cindercone being rescued! got to love an old Kona!

Yes, looking forward to riding it, looks a good tubeset. Also wanted to compare it to my '93 Kilauea. Have a '93 Lava Dome too which is the same tubeset as the Cinder Cone but thats up for sale at the moment :)

Put some parts on tonight, mainly XT, better spec than my Kilauea now :LOL:

Need to start measuring bb's before putting them in too, needs swaping for a shorter one, same as my last build :roll: P1010704 (Medium).JPG P1010702 (Medium).JPG P1010701 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Really like this, I only just realised I have been watching your Lava Dome on the bay but was really holding out for a Cindercone...

starmagsi":16wd6936 said:
Really like this, I only just realised I have been watching your Lava Dome on the bay but was really holding out for a Cindercone...

Same frames, different colours :)

Always cheaper on here too ;) not that im in any rush to sell and thinking of keeping it now ive sold one of my others :)

Black post to balance it out, sometimes bling is not needed ;)

Quality bike and going to be a beauty. It really is Kona central around here right now!

Back