1993 Klein Attitude Sea & Sky w/ Adroit fork

timkrik

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Picked this up last year. Been commuting on it since.

Attachments

• SnS Adroit fork.jpg
    SnS Adroit fork.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 2,301
  • SnS Fork.jpg
    SnS Fork.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 2,301
  • Sprite.jpg
    Sprite.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 2,302
How did it come to have the Adroit fork fitted? Ride it off road?

I am unsure of the provenance of this particular bike. The seller didn't provide details. Though, to be fair to him, I didn't ask the necessary questions.

I have come to understand that it was not uncommon for Klein to piece bikes together at times of transition. I presume this to be a late 1993 production and as such Adroit forks (later debossed with 'Strata') as well as the Sea & Sky paint scheme were becoming available on the 1994 models. So, it would not be a stretch of the imagination to me to envision this as an attempt to clear inventory of 1993 frames by mounting the Adroit/Strata fork and painting it in one of the newest color combinations.

EDIT: The frame number reads T05931728, so this frame was the 1,728th made in May of 1993. As such, my theory of late year production doesn't fit well.

EDIT: Fork number is AR2F6

As to the question of riding off-road, I will fall on my sword and confess that I spend most of my time riding around town on paved trails. This particular bike is in excellent shape and I am interested in keeping it that way. So, group me in with the lame Klein owners having Wall hangers/Garage queens :oops: :facepalm:

Lovely bike, the sea/sky is one of my favourites. Do whatever you like with a bike ss long as you enjoy it. Riding or wallhanger, as long as you love it man, it's yours to decide. I just think it does need a proper seat :facepalm:

This now has a Flite saddle. Above photo is from when the bike first arrived. Note that the grips are positioned inward and there are no front cantis. The bar ends and canti arms had been removed for shipping.

Important to note I did not remove the reflectors. They are still on the wheels and pedals. :p

Back