1993 GT Borrego - Gentlemens Green

Are you going to go with a similar green with the silver, or a different one?

I've been waiting to take my Karakoram frame to Triple S for a year, but given how things are looking with the fixed cup I may have to completely give up.

kingoffootball":2asbuw69 said:
Are you going to go with a similar green with the silver, or a different one?

I've been waiting to take my Karakoram frame to Triple S for a year, but given how things are looking with the fixed cup I may have to completely give up.

Frame, forks and stem in green, rest in silver (mainly).

You got a problem with a seized fixed cup in a Karakoram? I had the same issue with my Tequesta - have a look in my build thread (use link in my sig and there is another link in the initial post). It is possible!!

Rob Atkin":3d2lyixq said:
I may be wrong but I think it's the only GT ever to sport the Suntour stuff so it seemed a shame to remove it.

Lovely bike. The Borrego wasn't the only GT to be specced with Suntour though, the Outpost ran Suntour in '91-92, the Tequesta was specced with it in '91 and there was a full XC Pro option for the Zaskar in '93. 24 speed micro drive was a pretty cool option before XT went smaller. Finding one of those would be an achievement methinks.

Rob Atkin":3j0k2ssa said:
You got a problem with a seized fixed cup in a Karakoram? I had the same issue with my Tequesta - have a look in my build thread (use link in my sig and there is another link in the initial post). It is possible!!

Thanks! I shall check out your thread on it, as it's driving me insane.

kingoffootball":1ddtw2df said:
Rob Atkin":1ddtw2df said:

Thanks! I shall check out your thread on it, as it's driving me insane.

before you give up bring it round here

Can't wait to see this painted and draped in that Suntour gear...

Liking the sound of Brown too... (If Brown has a sound... :D)

The new seatpost to go on it. Yummy!

72638a12.jpg

Back