1993 Cannondale M800 BOTE

Another great M800 :cool:

Great spec and colour combo, though personally i would swap out the gold collar and bolts to black or silver.

Looks beautiful naked. Get a black salsa seat collar on it and its perfect or gold jockeys, headset to balance the gold aesthetic. 🤔

Thanks guys, feedback appreciated! Going black and silver would no doubt look good , was starting to lean that way after reading these posts until I remembered I have a subtle gold anodized RaceFace headset on my GT that doesn't need it as much so plan to swap the two, also just ordered a Wolf Tooth gold seat collar which actually looks gold rather than orange. The collar on there now was a cheap Chinese part with bad coloring. I'll have to think about those chainring bolts, they're pretty orange (not gold) as well. Stay tuned. In the end I kinda want a bit of accent color with so much silver going on

Great looking build. A good friend of mine had a red BotE back in the early 90's.
One question, what cantilever brakes are on this?

Great looking build. A good friend of mine had a red BotE back in the early 90's.
One question, what cantilever brakes are on this?
Machine Tech Zero Flex with Kool Stop Eagle Claws, very light and work great. Was lucky enough to get them for next to nothing while buying an undervalued complete bike. Have them paired with Avid SD Ultimate titanium levers, it's great lightweight combo

Time for an update: Got rid of the orange/gold ano seatpost collar and chainring bolts in favor of better looking/quality gold ano options from Wolf Tooth. Swapped to a standard Flite (great deal and mint condition), I'm love the Alpes version it just got moved, put my Syncros crank-o-matics on (champagne color), swapped from the silver Raceface headset to my champagne version and opted for champagne versions of the Wellgo M111s I've been liking lately (very light). Also using wheels with black spokes

I'm pretty happy with the accent colors now, thanks for the feedback!

1993 Cannondale M800 08.jpg
20220109_161333968_iOS.jpg
20220109_161341857_iOS.jpg
20220109_161352547_iOS.jpg
20220109_161429137_iOS.jpg

Back