1993 British Eagle EXS

I completed the build in a bit of a rush to get it delviered yesterday. I had a few last minute (minutes becoming hours and making me late) problems with the chain slipping in the highest gear. After trying several different cassettes, chains and a different rear mech (replacing one at a time and putting back together to test ride in between) I think the issue was caused by a slightly out of alignment mech hanger, possibly due to their being a helicoil in there.

The recipient is extremely happy with it. I wish I could capture the beatiful "illusion" colour on camera. It's a triple coat powdercoat with a lot of depth, so my camera doesn't stand a chance.

DSC_1910.JPG DSC_1911.JPG DSC_1912.JPG DSC_1908.JPG

I like that, good job!
Thank you. It's had far more use than I expected. The recipient uses it often, even during winter and it travels around to other cities on the bus and train. It gets a lot of compliments, given the colour and unusual frame. The only change from the build above is the addition of some silver RSP bar ends. It might get a drive chain upgrade in the future.

Back