1993/94 Fastback Single Speed - Scott Pro Racing?

I haven't found any more info, I haven't set foot in the garage for weeks. I'll make another attempt to contact the former owners. My stays look fillet brazed, so maybe yours have been replaced when the dropouts were added. Interesting weight difference too? Mine is correct to the nearest few grams for a Ritchey tubed frame, maybe its those stays again?

Frame and forks powdercoated silver (1).JPG Frame and forks powdercoated silver (2).JPG

More excellent powdercoating from Yorvik Engineering Services (nr. York).

However, the silver hasn't really come out as I was hoping, have a dilemma whether to fork out for another attempt with a different colour or whether to leave it for now. I don't really feel inspired to build it back up at the moment.

I for one have to say it looks excellent in the pictures... 1 vote for build it.

Thank you. I am very much open to the opinions of others swaying me to stick with it.

The plan is to rebuild it with most the same parts as on page 2, although I finally have a red seatpost to replace the IRD one.

It has been powdercoated in Sovereign Silver, due to my failure of communication.

My list of chosen colours (in order of priority) was:
1. Steel Silver
2. Rainier Green
3. Foundry Silver
4. Interstellar A.I.
5. Silver Glaze
6. Champagne Gold
7. Green Silver
8. Iron Shimmer

At the moment, I feel like I spent so long checking it wasn't too small for me, collecting parts, and testing it with the vinyl wrap that I'm inclined to just try again with a new powdercoat, but I'll take some time to be sure.

Thank you. I am very much open to the opinions of others swaying me to stick with it.

The plan is to rebuild it with most the same parts as on page 2, although I finally have a red seatpost to replace the IRD one.

It has been powdercoated in Sovereign Silver, due to my failure of communication.

My list of chosen colours (in order of priority) was:
1. Steel Silver
2. Rainier Green
3. Foundry Silver
4. Interstellar A.I.
5. Silver Glaze
6. Champagne Gold
7. Green Silver
8. Iron Shimmer

At the moment, I feel like I spent so long checking it wasn't too small for me, collecting parts, and testing it with the vinyl wrap that I'm inclined to just try again with a new powdercoat, but I'll take some time to be sure.

Well, I have it back. It is now Rainier Green! I am very happy with it .... pics to follow.

In the end, it was the powdercoater (the excellent Tim at Yorvik Engineering) who helped me make my decision, by saying if it wasn't exactly the colour I wanted they would like to do it again for me. I gave them the top 4 from my list above and he got in touch with Prismatic Powders. Apparently, it will be up to 3 months before they can make some more Steel Silver, so Rainier Green it was. I'd always intended this to be a batural metal colour, which was why the Sovereign Silver (from HMG) was too sparkly for my plans. However, when looking through the silvers on Prismatic Powders I realise that one with a green tint would contrast very nicely with the red components.

Good colours are often hard to photograph, so it looks a bit more green and less silver in these photos:

Rainier Green (1).JPG
Rainier Green (2).JPG
Rainier Green (3).JPG

I love the colour, it's a pearlescent silver-green and I think it will work well with the red components. I'll hopefully have time to build it back up over the weekend.

I had a good chat with Tim, as usual, and apparently Prismatic Powders are now sending deliveries to the UK about 3 times a week, so it's often quicker to get powder from them than UK companies. They have a great range, so I'd definitely recommend looking through their website if you are trying to decide on a colour/finish for a project.

Back