1992 Trimble for "Scottish B#$%RDS..." (Full Spec page 5)

Re: 1992 Trimble for "Scottish B#$%RDS..." (First Ride 12.10.14)

firedfromthecircus":320cmtvc said:
I'm not really a Trimble fan tbh as they are a bit too space age for my tastes, but I have to say you've pulled off another very nice and tasteful build Col. You really do seem to have an eye for this lark. :LOL:
Cheers, I try my best :) . Yeah know what you mean, they're a bit of a Marmite bike and not a brand I had any real love for until I got this one TBH. But it's built up in to a really nice bike and I'm really glad I went for it. Will get it along to one of the rides at some point. Already got the next project nearly done :oops: , will get a build thread going shortly (bit less space age too :LOL: ).

Re: Re:

Vinevo":1k63kczi said:
Love it!, still :D
Cheers, need to try it out on some proper trails soon. Got a nice ITM Titanium stem I'm going to put on it then it will be done I reckon. Will get some pics and a final spec sheet posted soon.

Re:

Very nice!....did you use Mani 1 elastomers on your Bradbury's...I need some for mine and wondered if they are the same size. Can't check as mine turned to gloop :(

Antstark":2ie5lgb3 said:
Very nice!....did you use Mani 1 elastomers on your Bradbury's...I need some for mine and wondered if they are the same size. Can't check as mine turned to gloop :(
Yeah got the Manitou one kit from Suspension fork parts in the US. I measured the new kit against the old elastomers and cut the rebound ones to match which may have been a mistake as when I assembled the fork they were too short (suspect the old elastomers had shrunk/squashed over time. With hindsight I should have just fitted the kit as it was and I think it would have been fine. I managed to cut the kit to get them to fit and the fork seems to work fine so it worked out in the end. So my advice would be to test fit them if you can before cutting anything like I did :facepalm: :D .

Re: 1992 Trimble for "Scottish B#$%RDS..." (First Ride 12.10.14)

There is something very modern looking about this and in a good way. Top, top bike!

Antstark":2dx6r0ym said:
Good info....many thanks appreciated :D
Nae bother, glad I could help :D
al-onestare":2dx6r0ym said:
There is something very modern looking about this and in a good way. Top, top bike!
Cheers, it's quite a radical design even now so always going to look modern I suppose.

Re:

As promised full spec list as it stands.

Frame: 92 Trimble Inverse 4 (Suspension Corrected) 1698g

Fork: Doug Bradbury Manitou

Headset: Mountain Goat Roller
Stem: Ritchey Force Cro-mo
Handlebar: X-Lite 535 3 degree
Grips: ODI Mushroom "John Tomac"

Brakes: XT BR-M734 (RR) & Deore MT62 (FR)
Brake Pads: Koolstop Eagle II
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano
Brake Levers: XT BL-M733

Shifters: XT M732 Thumbshifters
Front Derailleur: XT FD-M735
Rear Derailleur: XT RD-M735
Cassette: HG70 12-28
Chain: Sram PC890
Cranks: Cook Bros Racing (with one-off spider)
Chainrings: Pace
Chainring bolts: Tioga branded
Bottom Bracket: Syncros Titanium
Pedals: Shimano SPD PD-M737

Hub Skewers: XT M730
Rims: Araya RM-395 Team
Hubs: XT M730/M732
Tyres: Panaracer Smoke/Dart (Re-issue)

Saddle: Selle Italia Flite titanium
Seatpost: Use Alloy
Seatpost Binder: Steel/Alloy 3DV (no name)

Weight: 25.4lb

Attachments

• Croped1.jpg
    Croped1.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 1,085
Looks a smaller frame than mine col
The hooked drop-outs are different , maybe sus corrected , brake bosses are different too
Told mines a 1989 , no 260 ( iirc) of approx 500 , I have a set of those forks for mine but need a 1" steerer for them
Or 1" steerer to fit my rs1's
421b6807eb6cd29e02a1dced5dab0519_zps6b4a6a16.jpg

If I get gee'd up and can drag my arse to dunkeld I might bring it
Mike

Latest posts

Back