1992 Specialized Epic - Overend 90 Durango Replica

24pouces

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
I never got any interest for Specialized. I don't really got any reason. But The Epic is the exception. Because I love lugged carbon fiber and when I saw that Caemi's 92 frame for sale, I didn't hesitate. So another project between many builts and the frame was hang in my garage with the main question : haw to built it
Later, reading the Mountain Bike Action which showed the victorious bike of Durango (C26, Klein Rasca, Koga Miyata and… Epic), I had the revelation : why not building an Overend 90 Durango Replica 30years later?
So, it's not the Ultimate titanium lugs but I started to clean and strip the frame. New neon yellow decals (with the choice of Stumpjumper writeen on diagonal tube instead of a second Specialized) black lugs and a nice varnish. With luck, I got a whole Shimano XT groupset with black hubs, like Overend's bike. After : Litespeed stem and bar with Profile extension, IRD seatpost and some NOS Specialized rims somewhere in my garage. Got some RS1 too but I prefered to built it without suspension, like in the MBA article.
So now, Pictures !

Re:

Looks great!
I love simple black on black on black look.
Such great details on that frame. Definitely trick construction.

Excellent as always Pierre :cool:

Back