1992 Rocky Mountain Team Comp

I think there have been Team Compe crop up with Ixxx numbers.
They also crop up in Germany.

Best bet is get on the Canadian Facebook group and hope someone happens to be reading it that worked at Rocky and would have welded up these frames at the time.

The none Ixx number would say made/farmed out by them, but one poster who I think new his stuff said they where not.

(probably in those links, long time since I read them) DeeEight was around at that time and tends to know his stuff and you could probably get some info from the old Newsgroups, often a good read.

I may well be wrong, it been a while.
I did a quick facebook group search on these shortly after I bought it (trying to justify another bike), Someone on there had posted a few threads or commented on threads about them, so I reached out and asked, turns out it was DeeEight, that's who I heard the Dekerf reference from.

There is a Team Comp listed on the serial database I have with I9101

Could you amend the serial with the 0 for the glacier if you missed it when entering it. :)
Any picture of all of these because it great fun finding out :)

Now what I cannot remember is and when a load of shipment Rockies where rebranded to sell when bought cheap by a shop... Or so thing like that.
Edit- I'm an idiot, I understand what you meant now- I've amended the Glacier and the Hammer on your list.

Interesting about that Team Comp on your list, The other threads I've found online (Not many) that talk about a S/N on forums have been 4 digit. -- Any Idea where that Team Comp is?

Am I missing a number on that serial? this is what I'm working with
IMG_1564.jpeg

And all three 92 Rockys I own

IMG_3572.jpeg

Last edited:
Edit- I'm an idiot, I understand what you meant now- I've amended the Glacier and the Hammer on your list.

Interesting about that Team Comp on your list, The other threads I've found online (Not many) that talk about a S/N on forums have been 4 digit. -- Any Idea where that Team Comp is?

Am I missing a number on that serial? this is what I'm working with
View attachment 645469

And all three 92 Rockys I own

View attachment 645470
That's just greedy not to mention that garage ..!🤢🤢🤢

Interesting in that the Team Comp you have has the 1991 (late 91 style I think. so no noodle or headtube stop) cable routing and not 1992 style cable routing...

I just acquired a Team Comp by (happy) accident, thought i was buying a Stratos as the seller had it listed as aluminum. Sadly most of the goodies had been swapped but the frame is in good condition. Now comes the decision to build or sell...

I saw your thread on facebook, I was going to reply about it being a Team Comp, but someone got to it quicker- did you end up posting some pictures? what size is yours?

Back