1992 Marin touch up paint

daugs

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
has anyone a recommendation for a good touch up paint for the "black" sections on a 1992 Marin, think 1992 was the only year of this particular finish, the last evolution of zolatone............

and as a ps, what's good for the fluoro but guessing this is hard given propensity to fade and need for all the model variants, mine's an eldridge - red

8963077465_9040783ec0_z.jpg

It is just satin black isn't it? Get a little pot from a model shop, that should do the trick. As for the fluoro colours thats anyones guess mate... Tricky to recreate.

Or just sell it to me and wash your hands of the problem. ;)

PopsTrippin":3k0tc2hz said:
It is just satin black isn't it? Get a little pot from a model shop, that should do the trick. As for the fluoro colours thats anyones guess mate... Tricky to recreate.

texture is bit like smooth zolatone so yes at a pinch but wondering if something better, as to flouro yes that's what I thought hence ps

anyone else some bright ideas ?

PopsTrippin":3k0tc2hz said:
Or just sell it to me and wash your hands of the problem. ;)

sadly I'm sentimental about the old thing even though bit big now so unless your ticket for tomorrow's rollover comes up trumps............. :D ; if I found a smaller frame in same condition then may offload frame although may just hang on garage wall, funny thing sentimentality

It's not zolatone, just a matte black with thick clear lacquer.

When the lacquer chips or scrapes it stands out, big style. Any attempt to touch it up just looks wrong. I would put up with it or re-lacquer the whole lot.

As for the flouro, I would use enamel florescent and blot it on.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back