1992 Marin Pine Mountain

nporternz

Gold Trader
Marin Fan
Feedback
View
So Ive seen this doing the rounds on eBay and here and finally decided to buy it to add another one to my collection

thanks to Charcoalchef for packaging it up

It's typical or Marin to not be 100% easy to identify - but I "think" its a 92 pine mountain that has had pannier rack mounts and fork mounts removed (very tidy job too) and then resprayed in 1991 team alternate colours (the Teesdale version)

The only thing that is slightly confusing me is the seat tube - the tube junction between the seat tube and bottom bracket shell is ovalised and I'm 99% positive that all the others I've seen are round

Anyway - here are some pics

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-01-03 at 11.11.19.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-01-03 at 11.11.19.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 502
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-01-06 at 11.56.45.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-01-06 at 11.56.45.jpeg
    166.8 KB · Views: 502
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-01-06 at 11.56.54.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-01-06 at 11.56.54.jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 498
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-01-06 at 11.57.24.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-01-06 at 11.57.24.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 502
changed some of the decals already - the colour is actually really nice so going to keep it this way and base it off the Teesdale Team

Ringle QR added but may resort to good old XT

There were 2 different versions of P.M.s in '92 - one is much lighter (yours) and one which is made of much heavier tubeset, about 300 gr. more weight, their paint schemes (yellow/black) were a bit different too. I know 'cause I had both versions-and this frameset was mine :cool:

Shod with the best quality powder coat I've ever seen, in fact does not even look like it. I bought it already recoated, eyelets were removed by a certified machinist I was told. It was too big for me in the end, but wonderful nonetheless-enjoy!

fearfactoryüberalles":3p4yip97 said:
There were 2 different versions of P.M.s in '92 - one is much lighter (yours) and one which is made of much heavier tubeset, about 300 gr. more weight, their paint schemes (yellow/black) were a bit different too. I know 'cause I had both versions-and this frameset was mine :cool:

Shod with the best quality powder coat I've ever seen, in fact does not even look like it. I bought it already recoated, eyelets were removed by a certified machinist I was told. It was too big for me in the end, but wonderful nonetheless-enjoy!

good to know!

yeah the paint is excellent - was questioning if it really was powder!!

fearfactoryüberalles":1psacel5 said:

have you any photos before it was coated?

id like to see a yellow and black one

Back