1992 Litespeed Mountain

I don't have any Ti bars right now.... actually looking for one for our 1991 Alpinestar Ti Mega build.

Looking forward to following this build!

Cheers
Nick

Some progress again, but at this pace it will be winter season when I can ride this frame first time. There is a Dutch retrobike gathering in a few weeks, that's probably a good reason to speed up the build progress.

I finally got a Syncros ti seatpost in the difficult size 27.0, and I fitted a white Flite, just to see if this is the right combination. Maybe to combine with white cabling and white Ouri grips? The Syncros Powerlites should look great, really wonder how a stiff 1" fork on a light titanium frame will feel.

I have the full groupset available, all XC Pro stuff. Now only waiting to find a silver CK headset, or maybe a ti... And of course have to make my mind up on the stem and steerer. Probably I will change a few items during the build.

foto.JPG

But the saddle really is the icing on the cake ;)

Looking forward to seeing this one come along. If I come across any other Litespeed gear down here, I'll give you dibs if I don't keep it. They were made a few hundred miles from here, so they're actually kind of common.

I've pressed in a 1" XTR headset I still had, think that is the best looking option I had so far. Now there is around 18 mm of thread too much on the steerer. That means I have to cut it down. If it was a Mag21 steerer, I would have already done it. But this is a quite rare set of Syncros Powerlites in 1", so I'll have a few more looks to be sure that this frame really needs this fork.

sorry for the crappy pic, I've taken it inside, quickly, with improper lighting and a standard compact camera. In real life it looks much better.

P1020015.JPG

Re:

That looks promising :cool: ..!

Although I feel that those tyres aren't doing the build any justice.. Just put on some black ones!

Looking forward to the final result.

Re: Re:

shutter":1shagjzz said:
Nice! The 1" stem you have there is VERY rare! Even more so than the fork =)
Really? Never realized. I bought this stem new, somewhere in 1992 I think.

Re: Re:

Double-E F":12xjmi5r said:
That looks promising :cool: ..!

Although I feel that those tyres aren't doing the build any justice.. Just put on some black ones!

Looking forward to the final result.

Thanks! Probably I will switch to black ones, just fitted these to see how they look with the white flite.

Back