For Sale 1992 GT Karakoram in tequila sunrise. £150. Dorset.

gtfreak

Dirt Disciple
Rewind to 1992. My dad made a rather silly promise, whatever I saved from my paper round he would match for my birthday and Christmas and we’d buy a bike. I worked my arse off and come Christmas we were at the bike pedlar on uppingham road in Leicester buying this bad boy. I was 14, riding this bike I felt like the king of the world. Delivered papers, went on holiday, rode around with my mates getting into trouble, basically went everywhere on it until I passed my driving test at 17. It’s not done much since but sit around, it still works and I stripped and rebuilt it a few years ago. I’ve never been able to let it go, however if someone who is a genuine enthusiast would like it now is the time for it to go to a new home. I have no idea on price, happy for the more knowledgeable on here to give advice. It’s old and it’s scratched and it’s cool as f@*k. I’m now based on the isle of Portland in west Dorset. Will post a price when I have an idea what it’s worth, however it’s more important that it goes to someone that loves these old bikes than what I receive cash wise. Thanks. I’ll ask £150, though happy to be advised or discuss.
IMG_1233.jpeg IMG_1235.jpeg IMG_1247.jpeg IMG_1248.jpeg IMG_1254.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1256.jpeg
    IMG_1256.jpeg
    648.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I don’t need the money, but I do need the space. Have a bike arriving next week, however this one’s a 1000cc V twin aprilia.

You'd be wise to keep with that history, for the money. Strip it all down, a deep clean, some car cutting compound and polish and see what the paint comes up like. Freashn up components and maybe a few new parts and enjoy it all over again. From what I discovered, its virtually the same frame as the Avalanche. Otherwise a great project for someone new to spruce it up.
Looks like a 20" GT CtoC, fits me well!

Sold to Ollieblondie. Seems like the perfect person to take it on, it’ll be used and appreciated rather than sitting forlorn in my garage. Hope you make as many memories with it as I did.

Back