1992 Dave Lloyd Beez Kneez Frameset SOLD

MiniNinjaRob

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Dave Lloyd "Beez Kneez" in Reynolds 653 tubing. Spectacularly rare even in the UK - just try searching on this site to see how many other Dave Lloyd MTB's there are! Beautifully handmade with a mixture of lugs and fillet brazing.

This frameset was the basis for the May 2012 Bike of the Month see http://www.retrobike.co.uk/botm/botm-ma ... beez-neez/ so I think it must have been features in a recent MBR but I don't buy that magazine.

Would have originally been custom built for someone but sizes are as follows:
22" toptube
Sloping Seat tube 15.5" c-c, 17.5" c-t
16.5" chainstays
100mm headtube
Stem 120mm with medium rise (about 20 degrees?)
400mm a-c forks
135mm rear spacing
27.2mm seatpost required
28.6mm top pull front mech required

Fitted me fine at 5'7" but it should be ok for someone taller if you fitted a more period sized stem such as a 135/140 zero rise one. You'll be given the paint to respray any stem to match!

Original Dave Lloyd custom spray paint in very nice condition, there are a few chips in the paint such as 2 on top tube, one on forks and 2 on the stays and normal cable rub. Chainstays are very good with only a bit of rubbing but no gouges. Paint is super shiny and high quality and I will include the colour matched spray paint and lacquer that was used to spray the stem (a Tioga Prestige T-Bone) to match the frame so you can touch the blue up if you want to. A quick visit to Boots would help you get some nail varnish to match the pinky colour! No dents/gouges.

Will include frame, forks, stem, headset (XT in minty condition), seat bolt. colour matched anodised bottle bolts and spray paints in the price. I will also include the issue of MTB Pro in which it was tested!!

£360 collected or delivered in person,£395 posted in the UK PayPal Gift (or you pay the fees for PayPal Goods). Postage will include full insurance for value hence delivery price. I will be buying padding to send it in a bomb proof package too!

SOLD FOR £350 collected with front mech, MTB pro test issue, NOS DiaCompe 987 cantis included. :)

I don't regret the sale of this frameset - I've loved riding it and I'm glad I've owned it. However I want to try some other bikes and being as I only have 1 retro bike at a time this one needs to go so I can try something else. I also think that as I like to fit Maguras and a chain device I should really be riding another sort of bike... ;-)

I would really prefer to hand it over in person so I don't mind a reasonable drive to meet mid-way. I am in Huddersfield.

Will consider the following in part-ex:
Minty 1994 18" Kona Kilauea frameset
High end steel u-brake GT in 18" size frameset
Something tasty with elevated chainstays
- as long as they have minty paint, and no dents.

Please register interest via PM or post on here.

Here are the last pictures I took. I will be taking more of the frameset as I have now stripped the bike down but haven't quite had chance yet.

I will also be weighing it, but it does seem very light anyway!

55f29c61.jpg

c74bfc51.jpg

75049ef3.jpg

485123f1.jpg

Giom6

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Ooohhh! I would love that but not sure I can justify it at the moment with everything else that I've got on :cry:

Would be perfect for the british steel stable :?

MiniNinjaRob

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Giom6":graclox1 said:
Ooohhh! I would love that but not sure I can justify it at the moment with everything else that I've got on :cry:

Would be perfect for the british steel stable :?

I am a bit weird selling this (for a good reason) and I doubt whoever buys it will part with it for a long time. Being as they are so scarce it's one not to miss!

I have some Middleburn RS2 cranks in excellent condition to sell as well which would be perfect for this bike. Will take pics of those too soon.

Giom6

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I have a very special build on at the moment but if I didn't have that I would have bitten your hand off for the frame.

As they say 'timing is everything' :?

NeilM

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Rob Atkin":29vp0vfo said:
Some potential offers coming in so if anyone's interested key me know ASAP.

Thanks for the bump!

Good news.

I just want to see this rarity go to a good home.. that is not mine :roll: