1992 Dave Lloyd Beez Kneez Frameset SOLD

MiniNinjaRob

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Dave Lloyd "Beez Kneez" in Reynolds 653 tubing. Spectacularly rare even in the UK - just try searching on this site to see how many other Dave Lloyd MTB's there are! Beautifully handmade with a mixture of lugs and fillet brazing.

This frameset was the basis for the May 2012 Bike of the Month see http://www.retrobike.co.uk/botm/botm-ma ... beez-neez/ so I think it must have been features in a recent MBR but I don't buy that magazine.

Would have originally been custom built for someone but sizes are as follows:
22" toptube
Sloping Seat tube 15.5" c-c, 17.5" c-t
16.5" chainstays
100mm headtube
Stem 120mm with medium rise (about 20 degrees?)
400mm a-c forks
135mm rear spacing
27.2mm seatpost required
28.6mm top pull front mech required

Fitted me fine at 5'7" but it should be ok for someone taller if you fitted a more period sized stem such as a 135/140 zero rise one. You'll be given the paint to respray any stem to match!

Original Dave Lloyd custom spray paint in very nice condition, there are a few chips in the paint such as 2 on top tube, one on forks and 2 on the stays and normal cable rub. Chainstays are very good with only a bit of rubbing but no gouges. Paint is super shiny and high quality and I will include the colour matched spray paint and lacquer that was used to spray the stem (a Tioga Prestige T-Bone) to match the frame so you can touch the blue up if you want to. A quick visit to Boots would help you get some nail varnish to match the pinky colour! No dents/gouges.

Will include frame, forks, stem, headset (XT in minty condition), seat bolt. colour matched anodised bottle bolts and spray paints in the price. I will also include the issue of MTB Pro in which it was tested!!

£360 collected or delivered in person,£395 posted in the UK PayPal Gift (or you pay the fees for PayPal Goods). Postage will include full insurance for value hence delivery price. I will be buying padding to send it in a bomb proof package too!

SOLD FOR £350 collected with front mech, MTB pro test issue, NOS DiaCompe 987 cantis included. :)

I don't regret the sale of this frameset - I've loved riding it and I'm glad I've owned it. However I want to try some other bikes and being as I only have 1 retro bike at a time this one needs to go so I can try something else. I also think that as I like to fit Maguras and a chain device I should really be riding another sort of bike... ;-)

I would really prefer to hand it over in person so I don't mind a reasonable drive to meet mid-way. I am in Huddersfield.

Will consider the following in part-ex:
Minty 1994 18" Kona Kilauea frameset
High end steel u-brake GT in 18" size frameset
Something tasty with elevated chainstays
- as long as they have minty paint, and no dents.

Please register interest via PM or post on here.

Here are the last pictures I took. I will be taking more of the frameset as I have now stripped the bike down but haven't quite had chance yet.

I will also be weighing it, but it does seem very light anyway!

55f29c61.jpg

c74bfc51.jpg

75049ef3.jpg

485123f1.jpg

Ooohhh! I would love that but not sure I can justify it at the moment with everything else that I've got on :cry:

Would be perfect for the british steel stable :?

Giom6":graclox1 said:
Ooohhh! I would love that but not sure I can justify it at the moment with everything else that I've got on :cry:

Would be perfect for the british steel stable :?

I am a bit weird selling this (for a good reason) and I doubt whoever buys it will part with it for a long time. Being as they are so scarce it's one not to miss!

I have some Middleburn RS2 cranks in excellent condition to sell as well which would be perfect for this bike. Will take pics of those too soon.

I have a very special build on at the moment but if I didn't have that I would have bitten your hand off for the frame.

As they say 'timing is everything' :?

Rob Atkin":29vp0vfo said:
Some potential offers coming in so if anyone's interested key me know ASAP.

Thanks for the bump!

Good news.

I just want to see this rarity go to a good home.. that is not mine :roll:

Back