1991 Trek 8900

Once A Hero

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Had to share this beauty, hope the link to the Facebook group works, but if not here’s a screen shot;

5565EB34-3B09-4672-9DC3-1BE868C46CDA.jpeg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
thanks - been watching that one. it's pretty ropey, and I'm not sure I have the time/energy to rescue it. would take a lot to give it the wow factor of that 8900.

Isn’t this the one that was in Portsmouth as a wreck & has been rebuilt? If it is whoever has done it has worked hard to make a good rider out of it & can’t have much profit in it so fair play to them 👌👍

See......vintage MTB is a cheap hobby judging by that.

Whats wrong with it? not my thing, but looks nice and doesn't seem expensive.

Its up in Bury. I think its been around ebay for a while.

Yeah. It's been on eBay for a while.
I think because it's because the Orange sections have been resprayed and the decals are non-original could be putting potential buyers off?
The original colour should be 'neon conch' with a spidering effect. This looks very much like a flat Orange....like a VW Beetle colour.
Most of the original components are there though...dia compe SS5's and 986's, XC pro chainset, thumb shifters and rear mech, Matrix taperlites and T-bone, but it is missing the Suntour front mech with doo-hickey and bullseye hubs on Matrix rims.

The other 8700 on eBay at the moment is here-

See......vintage MTB is a cheap hobby judging by that.

Whats wrong with it? not my thing, but looks nice and doesn't seem expensive.

Nothing wrong with it apart from the respray.
The 2nd one has the original paint but lacks the components of the 1st one. Both around the same price though.

As a judge of price, I sold my original paint with age related 'patina' as a frame/fork/stem/bars/seatpost/headset with cable guide and doo-hickey for £160 on here.
20210213_155334.jpg

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yeah. It's been on eBay for a while.
I think because it's because the Orange sections have been resprayed and the decals are non-original could be putting potential buyers off?
The original colour should be 'neon conch' with a spidering effect. This looks very much like a flat Orange....like a VW Beetle colour.
Most of the original components are there though...dia compe SS5's and 986's, XC pro chainset, thumb shifters and rear mech, Matrix taperlites and T-bone, but it is missing the Suntour front mech with doo-hickey and bullseye hubs on Matrix rims.

The other 8700 on eBay at the moment is here-

Nothing wrong with it apart from the respray.
The 2nd one has the original paint but lacks the components of the 1st one. Both around the same price though.

As a judge of price, I sold my original paint with age related 'patina' as a frame/fork/stem/bars/seatpost/headset with cable guide and doo-hickey for £160 on here.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

I see that this one has now gone to an open auction starting at £50.
I'm tempted but I think the chainstay might be a bit mullered, so would rather see it in the metal/carbon before bidding.
I have a spare doo-hickey at least! 🤣
Could also make use of the STX brifters...hmm...

Latest posts

Back