1991 Rocky Mountain Hammer

FluffyChicken":3ayka8t0 said:
raidan73":3ayka8t0 said:
FluffyChicken":3ayka8t0 said:
Probably a groupset swap at the shop rather than 'late' or bought a bit later and the shop sold the Suntour stuff separately or on another bike.

What's the serial number or first half of it.

Serial number is I90900231

Interesting, I would read that as 1991 ~Sept made so a 1992 'model' bike.
So

How do you interpret the serial number? I'm guessing that the 0231 has little meaning.

There was a thread created and some numbers collected (and others that have cropped up)
and I is made somewhere not by Rocky Mountain (probably, maybe, who knows)

91 being 1991
09 being month

the rest maybe just a number in the line.

All guess work really and it's just what seems to have turned up, earlier 'month' numbers where definitely that year model.
Late one would be the next years' model
Of course nothing conclusive and I think the Equipe 1993 that cropped up actually had a I9100 code or something. Hence not conclusive.
I9110 and I9201 where 1992 sort of thing (model years tend to run similar to, at least our, academic years which start ~September.)

That's what I thought but mine is I9090

raidan73":2psrfw2y said:
FluffyChicken":2psrfw2y said:
Probably a groupset swap at the shop rather than 'late' or bought a bit later and the shop sold the Suntour stuff separately or on another bike.

What's the serial number or first half of it.

Serial number is I90900231

I90900231… Only thing I think you can consistently pull out of the early RM serial numbers is that it as fabricated in 1990 for the 1991 year.

My 92 Blizzard has a similar serial number starting with I91. Similarly Cirrus/Experience was YAx.

Back