1991 Rocky Mountain Hammer

Nothing if they're comfy for him. I personally don't like them, the grips that is, don't know about the seat.

Just trying to say there is no point keeping them on for 'correctness' if they are uncomfortable.

FluffyChicken":1wczlh88 said:
Probably a groupset swap at the shop rather than 'late' or bought a bit later and the shop sold the Suntour stuff separately or on another bike.

What's the serial number or first half of it.

I remember the add and conversation on here in ebay watch over this.

I would alter seat and grips to your comfort if needed and take the black tap on the stay off.
Then ride it.

I just assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that it might be a late 1991 as the 1992 model came with a DX groupset (although mine doesn't have thumbies). The bike is boxed up again in the shed at the moment but I'll check the serial number when I get a chance.

The saddle is just a RM branded Turbo so I'm sure it will be fine and I'll see how the grips feel when I can actually ride it :(
Was thinking about fitting a Maple Leaf Flite I have if the saddle is uncomfortable but it wouldn't be period correct which would be a shame considering the rest of the components perhaps?

Hammer

I bid on this too, was a bargain, even if I had to fetch it, was out when the auction ended, otherwise would have gone higher ;) Enjoy, dserves far better kit on it though!!!

Re: Hammer

Wold Ranger":2v1qjfq6 said:
Enjoy, dserves far better kit on it though!!!

Do you think? I'm more inclined to agree with Rob and keep it stock rather than spend a load on Syncros parts or whatever. My Dekerf is idly sitting under the stairs waiting for me to be able to afford it's new paint job anyway ;)

Hammer

Just think with the quality of the hand built frames RM produced back then, they should really have some nice light kit on them. They really do ride so well!

Raleighracer":2l91u6fm said:
With regards to changing the seat, no one will see it when your riding, same as grips ;)

I've no problem with the way they look so they will only be changed if they are uncomfortable.

I always used to have a Rolls or a Turbo on my old bikes so shouldn't be a problem.

FluffyChicken":x3bdx39m said:
Probably a groupset swap at the shop rather than 'late' or bought a bit later and the shop sold the Suntour stuff separately or on another bike.

Serial number is I90900231

raidan73":2izbj5qc said:
FluffyChicken":2izbj5qc said:

Serial number is I90900231

Interesting, I would read that as 1991 ~Sept made so a 1992 'model' bike.
So

Latest posts

Back