1991 rocky mountain cirrus build

More of a build it and ride it thing for now. I was getting tired of having it sitting at work taunting me everyday haha. At least I have the base of a descent build (I have seen worse imho) but hey beauty is in the eye of the beholder eh?

My thought exactly rockimtn. Seems a shame just to let it sit. I did see this last week and was tempted... It's still up but doubt he still has it. Any way I think the manitou 4 will look and work just fine I always thought they were a bit sexy looking any way... Then again so is the amp.

Re: Re:

Back to the rust ion at hand which ones do you guys think I should go with?

chillibiker":4w9frdn9 said:
Need help which ones do you guys think I should go with?
Rx7s with shimano rear hub and sealed tec front hub

Or matrix aero Mtb with shimano hubs

chillibiker":83gk3l60 said:
My thought exactly rockimtn. Seems a shame just to let it sit. I did see this last week and was tempted... It's still up but doubt he still has it. Any way I think the manitou 4 will look and work just fine I always thought they were a bit sexy looking any way... Then again so is the amp.
that's a bargain. i'd have a go at that if i didn't already have that particular fork spare, along with two other spares and another two on my bikes. :roll:

if you ever come across an F4 BLT fork let me know, as i'm after one. ;)

Possible good news in the wheel front I gave a Marin Eldridge to a friend of mine and forgot they had black Ayara rm 20s laced to deore hubs. I'm negotiating to get them back haha. All he wants are any black rim wheel set as he doesn't care about keeping it period.

So those looking for an original finish of their Cirrus
I've tried bead blasting, Soda blasting and even the suggestion of Drano

All epic failures - way too dark
Back to square one looks like I'm just going to pearl clear the bike and take it for what it is a rebuild

can you define dark?

i stripped an aluminium fork brace for a Marzocchi XC500 and yes there's residue left behind, but with a little cleaning up with some steel wool, and rinse, i ended up with a fairly raw "satin" finish as long as you don't go too far and begin polishing.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=273200&start=161

Wheels sorted out

And I know they aren't period correct but I really like the look what do you guys think?

They are bonz cranks from late 90s cncd with prototype bonz ring thing cnc aluminum bash guard

I have the opportunity to get some original un stamped kooka levers. Would look good with the black and silver theme I have going there. The only thing is the shifters I can't run the rapid fire shifters since they are built into the brake levers. That leaves thumb shifters (too old?) x Ray grip shift( too new?) or stick to the shimano set up ideas please!

Back