Karma 1991 Pro-Flex 550

Out of curiosity to the folk that have made and fitted those elastomers, do you use silicone grease to fit those elastomers as standard grease may be detrimental to the compound they are made from?

Never use any standard grease on elastomers. Always use silicone fat or silicone oil. If the silicone fat is too thick, mix em together and use the silicone oil as thinner...

Never use any standard grease on elastomers. Always use silicone fat or silicone oil. If the silicone fat is too thick, mix em together and use the silicone oil as thinner...
oi, who you callin a silly cone? not my fault I'm fat (it's the governments).

:)

I got my last tube of the stuff from Maplin, to give you an indication of how long a smallish tube of the stuff lasts. :)

Busy week & decided not to take on another project - established contact with source of replica elastomers though…

Busy week & decided not to take on another project - established contact with source of replica elastomers though…
Yes, sometimes you got to be honest with yourself taking on too many things, its too easy to start another bike project I find then realise how much time, money it takes up. Hopefully someone else can take up this opportunity.

Back