1991 Kona Hei Hei

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I sold my 19" one (whoch was a 1995 I think) and got this 18" old skool 1991 era one. Apparantly this was one (if not the first) Hei Hei's in the Uk and was owned by the original Kona importer. Apprantly he even had a child rack on it :)

Full XTR m900 and vbrakes. USE and pace stuff with Royce Ti BB and campag wheels. Very light bike and rides real well baring in mind the fork has a long travel kit too.

Orange psychos, cooks bros cranks with spds.

heihei1.jpg

heihei2.jpg

heihei3.jpg

Very sophisticated those various shades of grey, black and the champagne/gold detailing.

You've style! :cool:

Damn you Jez. That's another absolutely immaculate ride. How do you find the USE bars, aren't they dead straight.

Nah they've got a diddy bit of a 3 degree bend.

I've had them for years and they have never broken surprisingly. I would love to track down some USE gold barends but I guess these will be almost impossible to come by!

This one rides real nice and is pretty super light.

jez-2-many-bikes":3mu0eggg said:
Nah they've got a diddy bit of a 3 degree bend.

I've had them for years and they have never broken surprisingly. I would love to track down some USE gold barends but I guess these will be almost impossible to come by!

This one rides real nice and is pretty super light.

Didn't the USE ends screw into a hole on the ends of the bar?
What sort of weight is it?

I havent weighed the thing yet - need to take it into my sisters vets and weigh it on the electronic dog scales lol.

Yep - those USE barends used to screw into a sinle hole and clamp from the inside. Bit flimsey but different...

Back