1991 Kona Explosif rebuild.

simdagger":1e70fk8m said:
Just out of interest...is that stripped back to metal?

ds

Since the 1991 came in two rather dull colors I am going to leave the frame raw and sticker period correct.

SAomebody on here has done that... stripped the paint and highly polished the bare metal. looks mint :cool:

enc":1dcvqmhb said:
simdagger":1dcvqmhb said:

ds

Since the 1991 came in two rather dull colors I am going to leave the frame raw and sticker period correct.

Somebody on here has done that... stripped the paint and highly polished the bare metal. looks mint :cool:

This is what i'm going for, seems such a shame to cover those gorgeous gold welds with period correct purple or black! Some of the frame has deep tarnish so i'm thinking of keeping some patina rather than a full polish... i think i'll just keep going until i'm happy with the finish.

simdagger":232q4t3n said:
enc":232q4t3n said:
simdagger":232q4t3n said:

ds

Somebody on here has done that... stripped the paint and highly polished the bare metal. looks mint :cool:

This is what i'm going for, seems such a shame to cover those gorgeous gold welds with period correct purple or black! Some of the frame has deep tarnish so i'm thinking of keeping some patina rather than a full polish... i think i'll just keep going until i'm happy with the finish.

both my cinder cones had the "gold welds" *(its actually brass brazing) when i stripped the paint. I was amazed by the quality of the welding which you dont see beneath the original Kona paint.

Back