1991 Klein Pinnacle (finished on page 20)

Yes! That’s top work 👍, Looks fantastic in the green and black. Great to hear you’re enjoying it already, and I’m sure more in future 😁.

Time for a trail ride report: Fantastic! 😁 😍

Rained a touch yesterday but still very much dry out on the smooth trails close to home. Overall the build spec rides, shifts, brakes smooth as glass. What else would be expected from XT shifting and Dia Compe levers/DX canties with new pads though, par for the course but wonderful to experience every time from these 30 year old parts.

Frame, handlebar/stem, fork ride superbly. The size all round fits like a glove for my 5’-7” frame.

Don’t assume I favor aluminum frames. Three of my vintage MTBs and both my road bikes are steel. I really do give steel the overall edge in general (still never ridden titanium 🙁). I’d never ridden vintage aluminum until the last couple years and I’ve developed a love for it. My 93' M800 BoTE, 96' Zaskar and 96’ RM Vertex all have different personalities and the Klein is no different. Probably not the first bike I’d reach for heading out on an epic super long ride but as @Dr Dremel pointed out the Pinnacle geometry is very comfortable. It carves the mild trail turns in my short 45 min. loop at speed with confidence and climbs as excellently as would be expected. I cleared the super steep low tractor climb as part of my in-town trail loop with ease.

Some pics of it out in the wild:

20221022_172206087_iOS.jpg
20221022_172432873_iOS.jpg
20221022_173421832_iOS.jpg
20221022_173746532_iOS.jpg

The bike looks stunning! The scenery in the background of the first pic is amazing! You live in a beautiful part of Canada. Good to hear that the ride went well 👍. I still haven’t managed to get out on mine yet 😔.

Back