1991 (?) Jamis Dakota

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I don't know if anyone else reads this, I've been busy with other things for a long time now. Now, just before the holiday, I have brought out the Jamis again. The paint is really ruined and it will definitely need a new one. I just don't know what exactly.
In any case, glossy and metallic...
I think fading would be nice, especially since I don't have anything like that on a bike yet. The groupset and wheels will be completely silver and the decals I already have are golden....
It would be good to use them too.
I had some ideas...
ZomboDroid_15082023125041.jpg
What do you guys think?

Missed this thread somehow. I really like Jamis frames / bikes and this is great. Also like your component choices. Gold decals and silver rims? I wonder if a deep blue metallic as a main colour would look good.

Yeah, Jamis had a blue version of the fram so that would fit. But I already have a matte blue GT and I am really into a fading paintjob.....Difficult decision...
The Suntour parts are meanwhile in use on another bike but I collected a nice XT 737 groupset with cantis for this one. I think this will look good aswell.

Green and gold fade could look good. Gold decals on the green. Or blue with white or silver/metallic grey. My bikes are all very boring colours so you should probably take these suggestions with a big pinch of salt ;). XT will always go well.

Green and gold fade could look good. Gold decals on the green. Or blue with white or silver/metallic grey. My bikes are all very boring colours so you should probably take these suggestions with a big pinch of salt ;). XT will always go well.
I wouldn't go so far as to call monochrome bikes boring but I know what you mean. It looks the same on me.
So this one is a good chance to try something new.

Back