1991 GT Team Avalanche on FB Marketplace

A really nice example, still has the reflectors and an (almost) clear dork disk! When you factor the cost of restoring a well-used one with nice original parts, the price doesn't look so steep! :)

That is true, however, I couldn't afford it though.
I am not sad as I currently own 3 full GT bikes and a 2007 Avalanche frame waiting for some tlc.

Wow! That is bonkers clean and MEGA original. However @PhillB where would fun be in buying that?!* 🤣

It's got some perished O rings on the XT QR's so I'm out! 😜

That is true, however, I couldn't afford it though.
I am not sad as I currently own 3 full GT bikes and a 2007 Avalanche frame waiting for some tlc.
Yes, despite what I said, it is a lot of money either way! You could always make a cheeky offer :)

Wow! That is bonkers clean and MEGA original. However @PhillB where would fun be in buying that?!* 🤣
True! I think I've only ever bought one bike that didn't need a complete rebuild 😂

I wonder whether one of the 'big GT collectors' might go for it given that it is a very clean example?

True! I think I've only ever bought one bike that didn't need a complete rebuild 😂
Even in the 90s when I actually bought new bikes (not that many though!) the first thing I'd do is bring them home and do a full strip and rebuilt so I was happy with it! 🤣

I'm sure that'll get snapped up. Too nice to ignore, not sure they'll get their asking price mind.

That is wonderful. I'm also pleased that it has been 'recently serviced' and yet has not had the dreaded Shimano EZ fire shifters fitted... or a bloody awful modern saddle.

I doubt £987 is the actual asking price TBH, it's probably just something the seller threw on to create the listing? Well worth a message to find out I reckon!

That is wonderful. I'm also pleased that it has been 'recently serviced' and yet has not had the dreaded Shimano EZ fire shifters fitted... or a bloody awful modern saddle.

I doubt £987 is the actual asking price TBH, it's probably just something the seller threw on to create the listing? Well worth a message to find out I reckon!

I though the same re the price, but I’ve been in touch with the seller as this is very local to me. £987 is indeed the asking price and it’s pretty firm!

I though the same re the price, but I’ve been in touch with the seller as this is very local to me. £987 is indeed the asking price and it’s pretty firm!
That's interesting - I thought they had just ran their fingers down the number section of their keyboard :)

IMO that's probably £5-600 max to the right person. Lovely though it is I would not pay close to a bag for it. And I really like Midnight Aurora!

Back