1990's Olmo Super Light build thread

otherself

GT Fan
Feedback
View
Thanks. was my first time spraying a frame and I learned a lot. I have an 80s falcon fixie that I’m thinking of renovating next.
Looking forward to seeing your finished build..

It's nearly built but getting the bottom bracket cups in was extremely tough. It looks like there's no problem with the threads it's just in need of being re-faced because too tight.

I've phoned around local bike shops here in Lincolnshire but none have an Italian bb facing tool. I've ordered an extra long outer bearing cup spanner to give it one more try. If that doesn't work then the frame is off to Woodrup cycles up in Leeds as they were nearest shop I could fined via a phone call with an Italian bb facing tool in their workshop!

poshertotty

Retro Newbie
It's nearly built but getting the bottom bracket cups in was extremely tough. It looks like there's no problem with the threads it's just in need of being re-faced because too tight.

I've phoned around local bike shops here in Lincolnshire but none have an Italian bb facing tool. I've ordered an extra long outer bearing cup spanner to give it one more try. If that doesn't work then the frame is off to Woodrup cycles up in Leeds as they were nearest shop I could fined via a phone call with an Italian bb facing tool in their workshop!
Did you try Fred James in Alford? Fred retired but the lad that has the shop now, inherited all his tools.. I’d be surprised if he didn’t have one.

Latest posts