1990 Merlin Titanium

@Ryry_1985 Just curious mate, what size seatpost does your 1990 take?
@pw_pw_la - interesting question…

I pulled the 27.2 Ti Syncros post from an early Extralight and it’s always fit quite snug. It takes some effort to install/remove and always wondered if the binder was over tightened or if a 27.0 would be better.

Just popped a 27.0 in the seat tube now and it clamps but certainly has a fair amount of play, as in it freely falls all the way down. So my guess is 27.2 despite it feeling a little harsh on my poor Syncros post :(

Lots of Ti-Prep, I guess! What about yours?

Ha! Seems to be exactly the same situation.

And @raidan73 just confirmed similarly with his.

So good to know we’re all in this together!

Shall over grease and go slow…

Once I finally get to it!

Ha! Seems to be exactly the same situation.

And @raidan73 just confirmed similarly with his.

So good to know we’re all in this together!

Shall over grease and go slow…

Once I finally get to it!
Haha,

Glad I’m not the only one. It’s been on my mind so it’s reassuring to hear 😅

Are you sourcing decals? It seems mine are replacements and are a bit off. If you end up going that route, I’d love to hear where you find them from.

Velocals over here has some.

Although I’ve heard mixed reports about the decals themselves.

I was already ordering some custom WTB bits from him tho, and he’s been super helpful, so I added the Merlin stuff he had in stock that I think is close enough to what it should be.

89/90 is black Merlin with the bird logo, I think.

But I’m not 100% sure.

I bet @gil_m can sort anything you/we want/need tho!

I'll check tomorrow but fairly certain they are black. My '91 Merlin Elevator has the logo without the bird. What year did they remove the bird?

I'll check tomorrow but fairly certain they are black. My '91 Merlin Elevator has the logo without the bird. What year did they remove the bird?

That’s what I’m curious about too.

But my guess is 90 or 91.

Then 92 or 93 they went to white decals.

Maybe!

Latest posts

Back