1990 Fisher Supercaliber

What a beauty !

I seem to recall this being on the cover of MBUK BITD, or at least in an article/test.

What are you plans for it?

What a beauty !

I seem to recall this being on the cover of MBUK BITD, or at least in an article/test.

What are you plans for it?

Thanks. Plan is to build with M732 XT along with black post, bars and head set. They came out with Suntour.

New headset has arrived for this build.

I have spent a few hours cleaning the frame, part of the backstory was it was left in the back of a shed for the best part of twenty years and to say it had accumulated grime is an understatement. JonTom had already done the first round of cleaning... as per above arrival pic

Jon Tompkin 2.jpg

The frame and fork had lots of tiny black spots, almost tar like that magically disappeared after 20 minutes of spot polishing hoping you were making progress!

Fork Penny Farthing Cycles Decal.jpg

The Penny Farthing stickers best days were behind so they made it to the bin.

The frame and fork are ready to be reunited.

20220605_203026.jpg

20220605_203046.jpg

20220605_202954.jpg

20220605_202937.jpg

Backstory # 1

In 1990 after much deliberation and saving I purchased a six-month-old 1989 Peacock Blue Fisher HK-II because the original owner had decided to upgrade to a 1990 Fisher Supercaliber.

As a result, a Supercaliber has always been on the radar. Trouble is they are not easy to find!

My original HK-II restored and renewed is below for nostalgia.

2014-04-02 13.15.42.jpg

HK13 DBRB.jpg

Love seeing Fishers 😎

I had a Supercal from ‘91 but sadly the head tube cracked in multiple places 😢

Still got my ‘90 Celerity set up SS but it needs some new headset bearings at some point.

Nice to see others still going strong

Love seeing Fishers 😎

I had a Supercal from ‘91 but sadly the head tube cracked in multiple places 😢

Still got my ‘90 Celerity set up SS but it needs some new headset bearings at some point.

Nice to see others still going strong

Unfortunately cracked head tubes appears to be a decent problem with these. No doubt contributing to the issues faced with finding them!

I think I've seen pic's of your Celerity, have been thinking of doing a Fisher SS build as well. In fact until a week ago I was leaning towards that possibility for this build. Funny how many times a build can change. It's like a giant slow jig saw puzzle and the pieces determine your direction.

*Disclaimer* This one is also cracked 😢

Back