For Sale 1990 Diamond Back Topanga FOR SALE

HeckNo

Retro Newbie
I am offering for sale this 1990 Diamond Back Topanga, which was my mother in law's bike and has been with the family from new, including repatriation from the US to the UK - it still has the sales sticker from Southwest Bicycles in Houston, which is pretty cool! After many years of sitting unusued in the back of the garage it was completely rebuilt during lockdown, everything re-greased, cables replaced, handle bars painted, new grips, sharkfin etc. and as much of the patina kept as possible... as the photos hopefully show. It is far from perfect, but it is a good, honest bike. I reckon the tyres and brake pads are original and would need replacing if anyone intends to use it, but looking at the tread shows just how sparingly it has been used in its 33 years and it is a nice original example.

I had good fun researching it whilst rebuilding and a tip of the hat goes to these posters for reference pics, which I found really helpful:
https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/1990-diamondback-topanga.168073/
https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/diamond-back-topanga-1990-finished-22-6.152839/

We basically just do not have room for it anymore, with my kids' bikes getting bigger and it is time to move it on to someone else that can enjoy it as part of a collection or just get it out there being used. Happy to answer any questions. I have some spares leftover from the build - a break lever and a shifter and maybe some bearings if I recall.

2B1FC87B-EC8B-49B5-AB62-5D70CD7CB199.jpeg
B7DE7F26-3DBE-48AF-B58C-81D6E3ADCBFB.jpeg
E8BDDC2D-E24C-458F-AD15-A7318EB43E4E_1_201_a.jpeg

Based in SL6 area. Happy to deliver to Bucks/Berks/Herts/Surrey (costs TBC) but collection preferred.

No idea what sort of price you would put on this but I feel like it is worth something north of £180?

well, as we're (nearly) all bicycle loons on this site, the seatpost is a nasty steel thing that looks to be the wrong size for the frame, the brakes are the 'low profile' type that appeared for the 92/93 model year along with those shifters (the original sti was for the 1991 model year)

but as I said, we're nearly all loons so you may want to revise your price a bit if you really need to shift it!

well, as we're (nearly) all bicycle loons on this site, the seatpost is a nasty steel thing that looks to be the wrong size for the frame, the brakes are the 'low profile' type that appeared for the 92/93 model year along with those shifters (the original sti was for the 1991 model year)

but as I said, we're nearly all loons so you may want to revise your price a bit if you really need to shift it!
Noted. Like I said, I've no idea what this thing would be worth so more than open to sensible offers. No real need to shift it but I could use the space!

Back