For Sale Offroad Proflex 550 1990 for sale

Batbuilder

Retro Newbie
I am selling my Offroad proflex 550 on ebay after 33 years of ownership.
Proflex 550
It is not in good condition, considering it is a 33 year old bike. I bought it in 1989 and had the frame replaced under warranty (twice), so they gave me the latest 1990 version. It has not done much serious offroad for around 25 years but I did use it on gravel a bit last year and it is still a comfortable ride.
I replaced the rear elastomers a few years ago and they are still good, It gives about 30mm of flex!
The Girvin Flexstem is the steel version.
Tyres are OK.
I have put a buy it now of £150 on ebay with local collection in Sheffield.
Everything works as it should and ready to use.
More photos on ebay...

IMG_20230723_113926.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Good looking bike.
Your memory is a little hazy however (understandable after 30+ years!), as this is a '92 model frameset (with a '91 model flexstem). The first 550 model hit the market in 1991.
GLWS 👍

I stand corrected, thanks for pointing it out. I have changed the ad to reflect this.
As I mentioned in the add, I had two 1991 frames snap on me (at the bottom of the seatpost). I also recall the 1991 frames flexed quite a bit from side to side as well. These frames were replaced under warranty. It is safe to say that warranty has now expired..
However they must have changed things, as this one ( the 1992 frame) does not suffer from this.

I stand corrected, thanks for pointing it out. I have changed the ad to reflect this.
As I mentioned in the add, I had two 1991 frames snap on me (at the bottom of the seatpost). I also recall the 1991 frames flexed quite a bit from side to side as well. These frames were replaced under warranty. It is safe to say that warranty has now expired..
However they must have changed things, as this one ( the 1992 frame) does not suffer from this.
I can confirm the frame flex for the '91 model as I recall being able to flex the frame enough that the elevated stay could touch the cranks as they past...:oops:

Well, it sold on ebay then the buyer could not pick it up, hence it is back up for sale. it only made £65 so it will be going cheap, but everything works and it is in good condition.

Latest posts

Back