1989 Carrera Quattro Comp £250 BIN

player

GT Fan
Feedback
View
Fully original and MINT....

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yeah it's a real shame if it's stripped and when you do see these up for sell they're normally gate size and this looks like an 18" so normal size.

I so remember the ad in mbuk back in 89 and with the guy with the centurion helmet.

Why is it a shame? Its a crap brand with a reasonable frame and great components.

Why not build (or facilitate others to build by breaking it) something you really want out of something mediocre?

The frame could live on with a 1x gearset, bmx bars and a basket on the front round town as is the new trend.

Definitely worth preserving some of them intact as they were iconic in their way. IIRC didn't someone like Jason McRoy win their early races on one?

Actually ride ok, though i am guilty of stripping one in the past, the newer version with the sti and canti rear.

I would probably keep this one as is, for the price i think it is a great bike for someone after an earlier model.

Well, some of their retro road bikes were ok, but let's not let our rose tinted specs get the better of us here.... It's still a Carrera MTB, so essentially a below average frame with above average components and a distinct lack of kudos.

Have you rode one? i think they ride ok despite the reputation, M-trax bikes were budget frames with budget components, still one of the best bikes i have ridden. Also considering the price of actually crap modern bikes these days i feel it is a fair price comparatively speaking. Of course it is all irrelevant as it will most likely be stripped :LOL:

It doesn't matter how it rides, lets face it most 90's mtbs are pretty horrific.

This was a naff brand (was even naffer back then).

The fact it might be the same tubeset and geometry as a trendy bike means nothing. Its the Kia Rio of bikes.

Back