1989 Brodie climbMax - finished page 5/6

I’m curious to know about Turbo saddles - comfort and weight?

Too cool! Looks at home on the Penzance granite 😎
Thanks Joe :) I don't seem to find a lot of time to ride because I like to be able to set aside at least a couple of hours. I do tend to have a bit of time hanging around Pz each week while the kids attend various clubs so decided to throw the bike in the back of the van and get on it when I can, rather than wait for that perfect moment when the stars align.

That looks perfect - the lines, colour, the finishing touches and the photos
Thanks Ibbs :) The colour of the frame seems to photograph well - it's definitely nothing to do with the camera man!

I’m curious to know about Turbo saddles - comfort and weight?
Depends on your bum mate! They were by far my most used saddle bitd and I've always liked the shape, and the look. There have been so many variations over the years, including steel and alloy rails. The only model with titanium rails that I recall was the Turbo Matic Titanium, which weighed about 280g. The steel railed Turbo weighs around 355g. Not as light as a Flite but a more traditional classic look.

Thanks for the info about the Turbo - which does look better than a Flite I must say. But I’m always wary of trying different saddles - I didn’t get on wit the Rolls and absolutely hated the Regal.

Looking at the bike again - the colour is so so nice! And how do you manage to get your bikes to look so elegant ? Man!!

Thanks for the info about the Turbo - which does look better than a Flite I must say. But I’m always wary of trying different saddles - I didn’t get on wit the Rolls and absolutely hated the Regal.

Looking at the bike again - the colour is so so nice! And how do you manage to get your bikes to look so elegant ? Man!!

It's worth trying a Turbo to see how you get on. A ratty one on ebay won't cost much and at least you can try it and see how you get on. Sometimes the new ones are on sale for a reasonable price too.

Believe me, it's not me making it look elegant, and it would certainly look a lot less elegant if I was sat on it :LOL: I think an old MTB, in a small size, with sloping top tube geometry always looks good.

It's worth trying a Turbo to see how you get on. A ratty one on ebay won't cost much and at least you can try it and see how you get on. Sometimes the new ones are on sale for a reasonable price too.

Believe me, it's not me making it look elegant, and it would certainly look a lot less elegant if I was sat on it :LOL: I think an old MTB, in a small size, with sloping top tube geometry always looks good.
I found this - quite expensive but nos and allegedly 215g - https://www.bricklanebikes.co.uk/selle-italia-turbo-lite-saddle-white

Back