1988 -> 1992 Bianchi Super Grizzly

Mortonm

Kona Fan
I believe this is a 1988, the frame serial number has an 88 in it anyways. Can anyone confirm or deny ?

LS886093

I am not familiar with the Bisnchi stuff. Can anyone give eme some information on this thing ? It is about an 18" frame. Tange fork and double butted frame.

Has an XT headset and bottom bracket.

The headset grease guard piece is dead. Where can I order a replacement ? Do I need a new headset?

It is in pretty great shape. My initial thoughts wereto make it a singlespeed cruiser. Maybe a 1x8 I havent decided. Just to cruise around the neighbourhood with my son.

Mayne some swept handlebars ? Blasphemy ? I have some 90s mavic wheels and some ritchey super logic cantis (might also just use deore v brakes). Any issues fitting either of these ?

Just picked it up today so starting to think.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Re:

Cool one, that :cool:!
Don't know much about it though, other than that it also has '93' in the s/n..
;)

Check my sig for some pics of my 1993 project Nth.
Enjoy!

Re: Re:

Double-E F":1xhdqz0c said:
Cool one, that :cool:!
Don't know much about it though, other than that it also has '93' in the s/n..

Haha very true. After some digging on my own it's probably 89 or later as the older version had chain stay mounted u brake bosses

Re:

All built up. Still unsure on the handlebars, but I like them for noe. The '97 avid 1.9 brake levers are a bit out of place and so are the v brakes for that matter. Might get some less chromey levers, I like the v brakes.

Full XT, mostly M730 stuff (front mech is M73:cool:

Panaracer gravelking tires (26x2.10) with tan walls.

I really like this bike. Mostly built it for riding with my son or just cruising around town

This bike has gone through a few massive changes. Over the winter i convered the bike to a drop bar, which was nice. Sometime this spring, however, I found a 1992 Super Grizzly with full M900 XTR and a Tange Prestige Ultimate Ultralight frame. This bike had upgrades at every single level. I swapped over the tires and the seat and the drop bar control setup. I really do like this bike, I am having a bit of an issue dialing in the comfort level, but its mostly wrist pressure.

M900 XTR, front and rear derailleurs, crank, hubs and brakes
Velo orange stem, salsa cowchipper bars, shimano claris 3x8 brifters

Here are a few pictures

Back