Sold 1987 Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo

kingoffootball

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I thought I would post this up in case anyone is interested in it as a restoration project:

1988-fisher-hoo-koo-e-koo-2-jpg.640284

1987 (first year) Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo in Carribean Green. Measures 18" C-C, 19" C-T and top tube 21.5". The paint is very tatty, so there's light surface rust all over where the paint is gone, but no proper corrosion. Nothing is stuck, but everything needs stripping and regreasing - especially the wheel bearings, which I'll do when I get time.

I bought it with a view to using parts for my 88/89 Raleigh. However, the cranks are 170 and the stem and bars probably don't give the reach I would need, so it might only be the shirters, derailleurs and brakes I would use, which seems a waste to split an original bike for.

Other than the saddle, bar ends and tyres (Wildgrippers) the spec seems retty original, based on this from MOMBAT:
1987 Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo specs.JPG

When I have time, I might strip everything and put it on the Raleigh, just to test whether there is any way of building it up so it is rideable for me.

Why swaps? I bought it recently and didn't pay a lot for it, so I don't want to sell it for profit .... but I also travelled a fair way to collect it, so I don't want to sell it for a loss. If you're interested in it, there are always loads of components I am interested in, particularly obscure and unusual ones and I'm happy to add money if necessary to balance the transaction.

Last edited:
What are you after?

Where to start? 😅 I like any unusual parts. There's some specific European/Italian parts I need, but I doubt I'm likely to find them for this swap. Most Italian parts are of interest though. A pair of rims without much wear would be good or maybe wheels with little use. Interested in any Mavic parts and especially a rear hub, bullhorn bars and some derailleurs. I need some spokes (preferably Sapim) but I haven't calculated the length yet. A long 1" stem, preferably with some rise and cable routing. Possibly a very long 27.0 seatpost if the Raleigh turns out to be 27.0 rather than 27.2.

I'll have a think, there are more parts that I haven't thought of here.

Definitely, definitely not a complete bike or frame and forks .... unless it was something interesting 🤦‍♂️

Like you I've no room for more bikes right now, this is one I would love to tear down and restore though. Someone will hopefully come along and do just that 👍

I'll look through my stems and seatpost stash to see if there's anything suitable, I'll pm you some pics if there's anything you might like.

Back