1986 Ernie Clements tourer

Found this one on me travels

P1000388.jpg

Looks almost mint...where’s the challenge?

Thats a frame located in New York and badly resprayed.

Unfortunately I can usually rebuild a bike and have it up and running in about 4 hours flat. Sometimes including a respray if the weather is hot enough.

LGF, it’s been nearly a month..... time to come out of the shed and show us what you’ve been up to....

PeachyPM":rwbk0f4c said:
LGF, it’s been nearly a month..... time to come out of the shed and show us what you’ve been up to....

Just for you

10spd Dura-Ace bar end shifters, a Deore MT-60 rear mech with an M732 cage and 10spd cassette.

Chain is a little short but shifting was perfect out on the road and it got a 'nice bike mate!' from a group powering their way up the hills.

It wasnt so bad out but I was trying to keep up with someone in full roadie mode. The Stronglight chainset is bendy.

Attachments

• 10spd.jpg
    10spd.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 435
Glad to see you're alive and kicking…. Just looked that mech up on Velobase, so it’s an indexed unit but properly from the 80’s? nice…. :cool:

The red one is the only other 'Clements' tourer reference I can find on the whole internet thing.

Further rootling around finds that these decals were prototypes and theres only a few frames out there with them on.

Re:

Small update

32t SRAM cassette and a longer cage for the MT-60 rear mech as the other one was way too sloppy with age. Shiny bling bling KMC chain

10spd shifting perfectly

Attachments

• clement clements.jpg
    clement clements.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 465
  • 10spd mt60.jpg
    10spd mt60.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 342
Back