1982 Breezer Series III (No. 32)

Re:

I've always felt with the pro's closet, that they are to bike prices what trump is to politics.

Re:

Price may be a tad high, but I'd have it if I had the money & space. Where are you going to get another one?

Re: Re:

andyz":36ewh63q said:
Price may be a tad high, but I'd have it if I had the money & space. Where are you going to get another one?

Totally agree. Seeing as we have had vanilla Gary Fisher Procalibers offered for £15000 and the recent GT, this IS worth the money to a serious bike collector. Wish I had the spare coin myself.

Re:

genuine genuine question here (that's right twice as genuine as normal)

if there were less than 25 made why is this this one #32

I've big respect for Nick and Co at the Pros Closet so nobody take this ^^^ the wrong way,
I'm just interested and perhaps also a bit thick

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 801
Re:

Retro Spud":34zqflqh said:
genuine genuine question here (that's right twice as genuine as normal)

if there were less than 25 made why is this this one #32

I've big respect for Nick and Co at the Pros Closet so nobody take this ^^^ the wrong way,
I'm just interested and perhaps also a bit thick

Thank you Retro Spud. Let me know if that explanation doesn't help answer your questions.

We had a lot of fun with Joe in his garage digging into this history and solving the Series III mystery. I've always wondered why there weren't more of these Series III's uncovered and now it makes alot more sense.

Given the rarity and craftsmanship that went Joe's bikes, I don't doubt the value of this bike for a second. If anything I am questioning selling it but an opportunity to purchase another bike of historical significance is prompting the sale of this Series III (we already have another Series III in our collection). viewtopic.php?f=6&t=296262

Cheers,

Nick

Note that MOMBAT has updated their website to reflect the recent uncovering of this info.

From MOMBAT:

UPDATE 12/2015
New information indicates some of the information, for the Series III bikes, above may be incorrect. Using the number of tube sets ordered by Joe, and the timing of the serial numbers, it appears as if the Series III bikes started with serial #26 and not serial #1. The highest known serial number is #49 (MOMBAT bike) so there may have only been 25 Series III Breezers as well.

New information indicates some of the information, for the Series III bikes, above may be incorrect. Using the number of tube sets ordered by Joe, and the timing of the serial numbers, it appears as if the Series III bikes started with serial #26 and not serial #1. The highest known serial number is #49 (MOMBAT bike) so there may have only been 25 Series III Breezers as well.

Shouldn't be a mystery. Joe's numbering started with his Series II, 25 bikes. Series I wasn't serial numbered, i.e. numbered in sequence. Each Series I frame bore three numbers but they did not reflect the sequence of the bikes. Mine is called "Breezer #2" because it was his second after the one he built for himself.

Back