1980 MKM Time Trial bike

I found I didn't really get on with TBH, not as rapid as legend made it out to be - although that was probably all down to me!! I accepted an offer for it from a friend - and the next time I saw it was in bits on Hilary Stone's site. :evil:

Wasn't very impressed to say the least. The guy who bought it said he wanted to add it to his collection of Yorkshire made bikes. Perhaps he found another MKM somewhere. I do know where there is an original Arthur Metcalfe era track frame but the owner seems very possesive about it :roll:

I’ve done a sub 20 on my PMP’s & I found them great for a steady smooth cadence In a big gear :)

Nob":ak2cfsdt said:
I’ve done a sub 20 on my PMP’s & I found them great for a steady smooth cadence In a big gear :)

Sub 20 is phenomenal. What's your age if you don't mind me asking? My best is 23:52 set some years ago at age 38 (42 now).

otherself":xbx3zdkf said:
Nob":xbx3zdkf said:

Sub 20 is phenomenal. What's your age if you don't mind me asking? My best is 23:52 set some years ago at age 38 (42 now).

It was achieved in 1987 on a private TT based on the then newly opened Laurencekirk bypass south of Aberdeen. On the ring you will see the time 19.49 engraved which was the time done on my EG Bates low pro. August was the month & was 25yrs old then. Gearing used was 55x12,13 if I remember correctly.. now at 58 no longer race but just enjoy riding & building special projects....

Latest posts

Back