For Sale 1980’s 25” Overburys Racer

Mike Z

Retro Newbie
This bike has been a total joy to me since I bought it in 1993. At the time it had tubeless tires on the original rims and it was in near perfect condition. It was even serviced by Andy Powell himself shortly before Overburys finally closed, but that was a long time ago now!
I’m afraid I’ve ridden it into the ground since then as a commuting workhorse and it suited me that it started looking ropey as people would overlook it, not realising what a great bike it is to ride. When I did finally think I’d let it go too far and decided to get it re sprayed, I found I couldn’t remove the front forks, and rather than risk bending them, I put it back together.
The frame has a couple of dinks, and the seat post has since got stuck, but the campag and shimano parts are original and (I think) in good nick.
What I’d really like is a buyer who wants to restore it. I know I’m being sentimental, but I enjoy riding it more than any of the fancy modern bikes I’ve ridden since.
Obvs it’s a large frame so not for everyone, but please message me if you’re interested
Not sure how to price it, so happy to negotiate a sensible sum (or you can all suggest prices!)
IMG_4788.jpeg IMG_4783.jpeg IMG_4785.jpeg IMG_4786.jpeg IMG_4782.jpeg IMG_4781.jpeg

very much hoping to see someone here bring this back to former glory - I am not that tall alas

Latest posts

Back