Sold 1979/1980 Claud Butler Majestique, Reynolds 531, 10 speed in very good original condition

Adam3288

Dirt Disciple
Came as part of a his and hers pair with a Holdsworth Championship which I am also selling. Both bikes look like they were used lightly then stored in a dry shed for the last 40 years. 20 inch Reynolds 531 frame and forks with Campagnolo rear drop outs. Huret Allvit rear derailleur. Huret front derailleur and shifters, Weinmann Vainqueur centre pull brakes. 5 speed Regina Corsa freewheel. Japanese Sunshine high flange hubs, Staral rims with no wear, Selle Italia saddle, original mudguards and rack. pick up London NW3. Open to offers

Attachments

• DSC09681.JPG
    DSC09681.JPG
    463.3 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC09672.JPG
    DSC09672.JPG
    498.3 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC09669.JPG
    DSC09669.JPG
    345 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC09667.JPG
    DSC09667.JPG
    343.5 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC09668.JPG
    DSC09668.JPG
    338.5 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC09675.JPG
    DSC09675.JPG
    391.5 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC09666.JPG
    DSC09666.JPG
    498.7 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC09671.JPG
    DSC09671.JPG
    298.7 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC09679.JPG
    DSC09679.JPG
    665.2 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC09670.JPG
    DSC09670.JPG
    771.1 KB · Views: 45
Very nice and original, but you need to stick a price up, any price otherwise admin might bump you

Thank you and thanks for the tip. Wasn't sure what to ask. Don't want to be greedy but I think it's quite unusual to find one in this original condition. Would maybe around 300 be in the right ball park?

Thank you and thanks for the tip. Wasn't sure what to ask. Don't want to be greedy but I think it's quite unusual to find one in this original condition. Would maybe around 300 be in the right ball park?
You’d think so. I had an absolutely perfect immaculate 100% catalogue correct 1984 Majestic that just wouldn’t sell even when offered at £150. I ended up stripping it and selling the frame set for £80.
The problem is these (the Majestic & Majestique) were by far the most produced & sold bike that Holdsworth/Claud Butler ever produced. There’s more of these than all the original 40’s & 50’s Clauds put together.

For reference I just sold mine - in slightly less original condition (non-original saddle and stem) - but all in good order - advertised on eBay at £150 and eventually took an offer for £120. Had about 15 watchers and took a while to sell at that price.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks for the reference. There are a couple on eBay at the moment:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174753612124

and

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114432222619

One for 249.99 and the other for 330 and neither, imho, as nice as mine. However I'd take 250 if it's going to a good home
Asking price and selling price are two very different things though........notice you're in London where the prices seem to be a lot higher for bikes so who knows.

Good luck with the sale.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thank you and thanks for the tip. Wasn't sure what to ask. Don't want to be greedy but I think it's quite unusual to find one in this original condition. Would maybe around 300 be in the right ball park
Came as part of a his and hers pair with a Holdsworth Championship which I am also selling. Both bikes look like they were used lightly then stored in a dry shed for the last 40 years. 20 inch Reynolds 531 frame and forks with Campagnolo rear drop outs. Huret Allvit rear derailleur. Huret front derailleur and shifters, Weinmann Vainqueur centre pull brakes. 5 speed Regina Corsa freewheel. Japanese Sunshine high flange hubs, Staral rims with no wear, Selle Italia saddle, original mudguards and rack. pick up London NW3. Open to offers
Really interested in this. I'm a Retro bike newbie - can't figure out how to PM you to discuss further? ...

Hi Birdyire, thanks for your interest. I have sent you a pm with my contact details. Please let me know if you can't see it.
Thanks

Back