1970 something Ellis Briggs Favori

dirttorpedo

Senior Retro Guru
This is my early to mid 70's Ellis Briggs Favori. It was gifted to me by a friend and I've been making a few "improvements" to it to get it where I want it for riding on sunny sumer days. Changes include 46cm Nitto Noodle handle bars, Diacompe ENE wing shifters, 32 mm wide continental gator skin tires, a Nitto Technomic stem and a set of Tektro double pivot caliper brakes converted to exposed nut.

Its probably a bit small for me, but with the Technomic stem I think its comfortable enough. I replaced the orginal too small seat post with a campy aero one I had in the parts bin that was the right diameter - but probably a little short. I'm going to replace this with a Laprade style one when I can find a longish one in 27.2.

Took it for a 65 km ride with my wife a couple of weeks ago and was pretty happy with it overall.

IMG_0570[1].JPG IMG_0460[1].JPG IMG_0463[1].JPG IMG_0574[1].JPG IMG_0573[1].JPG

This is my early to mid 70's Ellis Briggs Favori. It was gifted to me by a friend and I've been making a few "improvements" to it to get it where I want it for riding on sunny sumer days. Changes include 46cm Nitto Noodle handle bars, Diacompe ENE wing shifters, 32 mm wide continental gator skin tires, a Nitto Technomic stem and a set of Tektro double pivot caliper brakes converted to exposed nut.

Its probably a bit small for me, but with the Technomic stem I think its comfortable enough. I replaced the orginal too small seat post with a campy aero one I had in the parts bin that was the right diameter - but probably a little short. I'm going to replace this with a Laprade style one when I can find a longish one in 27.2.

Took it for a 65 km ride with my wife a couple of weeks ago and was pretty happy with it overall.

View attachment 631776View attachment 631777View attachment 631778View attachment 631779View attachment 631780

"Took it for a 65 km ride with my wife a couple of weeks ago and was pretty happy with it overall."

Did you give her a "Crossie" or a "Sadler"? (Other regional variations are available!) :)

Apologies, it was just a lighthearted comment.

Around our way a “crossie” was when someone sat on the crossbar while another sat on the saddle and peddled. A “Sadler” was when someone sat on the saddle while the rider had to pedal while standing up.

It was just that the thought of you giving your wife a 65 km Crossie or Sadler make me chuckle!

Latest posts

Back