1962 Coventry Eagle

Carbonmtb

Dirt Disciple
Hi all , I also got this bike from the same place as the LH special , I basically saved them from going to the tip!

Are these models collectible or are they churned our mass produced at the time ?

The chap I got it from is a retired doctor and he bought this bike in 1962 to do his rounds on , he’s owned since new .
Think this model was before falcon took over Coventry ? Had a raised head badge . Here’s some pics

Thanks In advance

Lee

Re:

Hi Lee, just a minor comment, are you sure he didn't mean 1972, as I'm sure they have a velox derailleur which was only available in 1971/72. I have had one of these, and it does ride well, the forks are the heavier than normal item believe it or not. Thanks Terry

Re: Re:

OldTel":380v3wek said:
Hi Lee, just a minor comment, are you sure he didn't mean 1972, as I'm sure they have a velox derailleur which was only available in 1971/72. I have had one of these, and it does ride well, the forks are the heavier than normal item believe it or not. Thanks Terry
He said 62 as he qualified when he was 26 and is now 82 ? Maybe if the velox wasn’t around then it might not be , could have been changed ? I don’t know, does the raised head badge give any clues to exact age ? Thanks will quiz him again

Lee

Re: Re:

OldTel":11qxocem said:

Hi terry , I do apologise , I’ve spoke to his wife and he qualified in 68 and got the bike after , so it could be anything Upto 72? Could it be a 68?

Back