Wanted 10spd shifters mechs brakes wheels

1bhp

Retro Guru
Looking to upgrade to 10spd, would be happy with shimano, sram or campag, ideally groupset as one, brakes, front mech braze on, rear mech, brakes/shifters & cassette. (Would be great if it was a silver groupset) Plus wheels needed too…

Good condition but not too pricey please. Based in London. Let me know what you have. Cheers Ben

Have you seen the prices of 10spd lately? 🤪

The the STI alone can go for £100+

BUT!!!!!

Have you thought of MIcroshift? 10spd shimano compatible for £79

and a 'reasonable' wheelset

Thats just ebay, if you shop around a bit you can get something together for not too much

With Shimano road you can use 8/9spd rear mechs and many front mechs with ten speed sti which saves a bit of money

8spd wheels will accept a 10spd cassette with no issues except in some cases you may need a small spacer before the cassette goes on

If the above doesnt tickle your fancy;

I do have some Ultegra front and rear mechs, some reasonable Maddux (Quando/ Cannondale) 700c wheels, a ten speed cassette, chain and some 10 speed Dura-Ace bar end shifters.

Theres some black Dia-Comp brakes to but you'd have to find your own brake levers

price would be around £150 posted but I'd give the above a good look first

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Ben
Might have some 10 speed Shimano 105/ultegra, mix ok? chainset?, what size cassette influences rear mech, then I can look

I'm about to break my son's crosser as he's off to university.
Silver 10 speed 105 groupset (5700 IIRC, concealed cable not washing lines), matching short cage rear and braze-on front. All tidy, a little worming under the lacquer on the shifter blades.
I've also got wheels: winter set of black Mavic CXP21 on Sora or a mismatched pair of Dura Ace rear and Fulcrum Racing 5 front.
12-28 cassette.
Say £150 posted for shifters and mechs.

thanks all, appreciate the input!

Really I'm just looking to upgrade a 7spd campag set-up so would be happy with with 9 or 10spd really - i have a new chainset that would cover up to 10spd.

@bhill22 i'd be looking at minimum 28 cassette, ultegra/ 105 mix would be fine

starting to feel I should probably just source a complete bike or leave as is! But on the off chance any of the above comes through or someone has an early Silver Sram Rival 10spd groupset going, feel free to send me any pictures!

cheers. B

Interested in the Campagnolo 7 speed bits depending what you have if you’re looking to sell.

Latest posts

Back