'04 Yeti 4x Special Projects #86

Factorycol

98+ BoTM Winner
Yeti Fan
Feedback
View
I was lucky enough to own one of these back in 2004 when I ran and race for the Yeti Europe Team.

It's been one of my top 5 bikes I've ever owned and I massively regretted selling it back in the day to fund the racing.

Roll forward to now and I managed to locate a frame, sadly not one of our original team ones, but still one of the 100 made in 2004 for the Special Projects, project.

I've built the frame up with modern stuff, because I do actually ride this bike and I wanted to see how it felt. It still feels great, fast and nimble, but so small compared to modern bikes.

IMG_1414.jpg

Frame: '04 Yeti 4x Special Projects #86

Fork: '21 Fox 36 100mm travel

Headset: Hope Technology
Stem: Hope Technology
Handlebar: Azonic
Grips: KTM Lockon

Brakes: Hope Technology

Shifters: Shimano
Rear Derailleur: Shimano
Cranks: Hope Technology
Pedals: Shimano SPD

Hub Skewers: Ursus
Rims: Ursus
Hubs: Hope Technology
Nipples: DT
Spokes: DT
Tyres: Schwalbe TableTop

Saddle: Selle Italia
Seatpost: KTM
Seatpost Binder: Hope Technology

IMG_1415.jpg

Very cool indeed, there was a YETI 4x hanging on the wall in a mtb. shop I used to pop into (mostly to check out the YETI!) Looks brilliant with full current Hopetech kit.

Is this the bike that has been featured on the Youtube channel called Gee Milner- DREAM BUILD MTB? 🤔
What a nice bike you have! 🤘
Cheers from the Philippines 🍻

Is this the bike that has been featured on the Youtube channel called Gee Milner- DREAM BUILD MTB? 🤔
What a nice bike you have! 🤘
Cheers from the Philippines 🍻
Hi... yes that's this bike!

Here is the link for everyone.

Glad you like it. Its been a fun project to pull together.

Now sadly for sale.... I've got to make some funds available for another project.

Back