Yumeya

I have been running XTR on bikes since M900,its simply the best Shimano makes.I have tried Sram but found myself disappointed by it and it was stupidly expensive!(If you had to pay full price ;) )
XTR just lasts,so well I didn't bother with the previous grouppo as my M952 was still great.I have recently built a bike with the new stuff and after a couple of weekends abusing it I love it :cool:

FluffyChicken":35k27o86 said:
They must be bringing out a new XTR groupset soon (2010 ?)
Somebody up with the modern world might know

heavily rumoured to be 10spd. same as srams new mtb group.

there isnt anywhere near as big a difference between XT & XTR as there used to be, but its still there.

scant":17svlukg said:
there isnt anywhere near as big a difference between XT & XTR as there used to be, but its still there.
especially in the price!

XT chainset RRP £205

XTR chainset RRP £430

XT rear mech RRP £78

XTR rear mech RRP £125

Sram comparison

X9 rear mech RRP £77

X0 rear mech RRP £180

Not much between the XT & X9 mech's (apart from better shifting with the X9 ;) )

Andy B":1yl5nn19 said:
scant":1yl5nn19 said:
especially in the price!

XT chainset RRP £205

XTR chainset RRP £430

XT rear mech RRP £78

XTR rear mech RRP £125

Sram comparison

X9 rear mech RRP £77

X0 rear mech RRP £180

Not much between the XT & X9 mech's (apart from better shifting with the X9 ;) )

retail prices scare me ;)

scant":31oewror said:
heavily rumoured to be 10spd. same as srams new mtb group.

Great! Even more reason to stick with 1/3/5/6/7/8 speeds.

This is really pathetic! It's basically a school yard fight - my groupset's got more gears than yours! :roll:

my groupset's got more gears than yours!

i remember when you would be shunned for having 21 when most had 24 :LOL: :(

any idea if its a thinner chain scant ? i refuse to check out anything over 9 so dont know how they are managing it

im struggling to see a benefit on a mtb but i can see it clogging with mud

Been using 10spd DuraAce/Sram Force for 5 years now with zero problems,I always found 8spd to be the worst for chainsuck/snapped chains.
Gotta agree with Scant,trade prices scare me!

10spd does use a thinner chain.

I can understand it's usage for a top class racer, smaller gaps between ratios & still maintaining a large ratio gap over the whole cassette

But for Joe Bloggs, it's just not worth it really (IMHO)

Back on topic,I've seen some of that Yumeya stuff and while its not really my cup of tea it does look trick in a very bling sort of way ;)

Back