You people of bountiful knowledge

I think I will stick to " Yes Hat" (as we call er Hat :) " that is really interesting" Despite the desire to say "Yeah of course, now what really happened" rather than challenge what she say's and send her off into a sulk. Maybe being believed and accepted whatever you say is important, such as whatever the story being listened to, having that accepted is the most important thing.

When I was her age I used to tell my mother what I'd seen on TV that day, I thought it was brill but almost as soon as I started she would just walk of disinterested, I made it my promise to my children that I would never do that but when it comes to Hats stories maybe I do that a bit.

Alison

Kids just want attention, and whatever way they can get it.

Trick is to positively reinforce the good, and limit reinforcement of the negative, whilst avoiding undermining what might be a tactic for self confidence.

highlandsflyer":1fh5d3h4 said:
Kids just want attention, and whatever way they can get it.

Trick is to positively reinforce the good, and limit reinforcement of the negative, whilst avoiding undermining what might be a tactic for self confidence.

I think that's it, when I was a kid my mum had very little time for us, the funny thing is she and my step dad ran a holiday home for underprivileged children and she was magnificent to them, and we helped all through our childhood. I think she felt that we were lucky children doing fine, and these special cases needed all of her attention, as far as I was concerned she could not have been more wrong. If I could turn back time now I'd have her make me do my homework and support me in my studies, that is what I try to do with my winkles.

Alison

Back