Yo Eddy questions

JurT":th3drgi9 said:
It is a very nice looking bike. I just found out the colour is 'arrest me red'.

I like the colour very much but it has to much scratches.

I will look for the original New York sticker. Thanks M-power.

You don't want to get arrested before Christmas ! AF all the way :xmas-wink:

Haha indeed. Yes AF is very nice, but a paintjob costs 400 euro. I'm going to look if there are more good painters then the one in Berlin. So first I am trying to get the parts together for the Yo Eddy. It's a long shot project, so I can take my time.

Not sure if I will go for vbrakes. I think it's nicer with canti's.

Very nice FAT color, but it was discontinued years before your frame was built.

JurT":tr6tk9ox said:
It is a very nice looking bike. I just found out the colour is 'arrest me red'.

I like the colour very much but it has to much scratches.

I will look for the original New York sticker. Thanks M-power.

The paint on your frame doesn't look that bad to me and there are things you can do to improve its apperance. You would be amazed what professional grade rubbing compound will do for an old paint job. For instance some marks that appear to be scratches will disappear completely. Of course I have not seen it up close but, its worth a shot considering what a re-spray costs.

Steven

The paint is indeed not that bad. But I am afraid it will get rust. But I am doubting between aquafade and grello. I have seen pictures of Eddy's with grello and it looks awesome. But it is impossible to get the original colour.

JurT":35h6tzon said:
The paint is indeed not that bad. But I am afraid it will get rust.

The kind of rust that could harm the construction of a frame typically comes from inside out. With the Yo's the seattube is vulnarable, as that is where water could enter, while the rest of the frame is sealed. I have had roadframes with rusted through chainstays. With those frames the shell and the chainstays were the lowest point, while there was no drain hole.

Yes but in the bb is some slight rust and I can't see it good but my guess is that in the seattube there is also some slight rust.

I did sprayed some wd40 oil in the seattube. Not site how to get it out.

The painter won't spray inside shell and seattube.

If I were you I would inspect the seattube with a flashlight. When you are ready for treating with a rust prevention product I would opt for something greasy that keep creeping, but is sticky enough to not wash away easily. The products under this link are excellent for a bike frame >>>

http://www.fluidfilm.nl/index1.html

For example the aerosol can plus 60cm nozzle. Personally I have many liters of their full range for my car. I also use Mike Sander. I did use MS for my Yo, but it is maybe a bit overkill for a bike frame.

Back