Yo eddy not able to find a home

jas41

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Genuine question. Why (apart from quirky and amusing brand and model names and generally pretty paint jobs) are these considered so desirable?

Don't think I've ever seen one in the metal.

oldave":15xkjchi said:
Genuine question. Why (apart from quirky and amusing brand and model names and generally pretty paint jobs) are these considered so desirable?

The thing is, quirky and amusing brand and model names and generally pretty paint jobs buy you pretty dedicated followers.

Russell":1whlq7hb said:
oldave":1whlq7hb said:

The thing is, quirky and amusing brand and model names and generally pretty paint jobs buy you pretty dedicated followers.

oooo controversial:LOL: they are regarded by some as the best riding steel frames you can buy.

oldave":bthunau5 said:

Ride one then you'll see ;)

I always wanted one of these and just when I was seriously thinking about buying one, there seemed to be quite a few come up on here needing new seat tubes :shock:

I know their not all full of holes :LOL: but its just always put me off :?

"Ride one then you'll see"

I'll keep a watch out for one I guess! The geometry looks nothing special so it must be the material. Not really convinced how one top end steel can be noticeably "better" than another (brand) though. Some better suited to different rider weights/usage I suppose - e.g. I've found Columbus SLX from '80s marginally preferable to any Reynolds.

Back