Yeti Pro Fro project

BensterSD":2bzl41dt said:
Awesome work amigo. Between this and the Ritchey you have been a very busy person!

So is your son riding vintage at the Keyesville this year?

Ben

Yes,
He hit me up last spring after the meet and told me he wanted to race vintage this year. All my old bikes are my size (most people here call them fences) and he would have a hard time fitting the smallest of them. We agreed on a father son project and this is what we came up with. Certainly I had a lot of influence on what was the top stuff during the era, but most of the parts selections were from him.

Hopefully he will give Ameybrook a run for his money!

Still a few things to do. Took off for a little vacation without him but left him instructions on adding the Ringle H20 cage. getting on some valve caps, grinding down the seatpost QR skewer so it doesn't stick out, and riding it a few times before we leave on our adventure. The closest thing he has experienced to vintage geometry is riding his rigid BMX bike a few years ago. I hope he is a quick learner and doesn't hit hard the first time he goes over the bars. Check out the differences in these his two bikes and where technology has taken us since just before he was born:

His regular rider;
IMG_0570.jpg

Going vintage;
DSC_0145-1.jpg

Things are looking a little different!

And for fun because I am a proud father. Here he is at Keyesville taking an overall First place in the U18 class last year.
The start of the downhill course. So some of the competition had full on DH kits and full face helmets. No fear:
IMG_0592.jpg

He obviously didn't get my genes...

Back in the early 90's I used to race with his mother. She was always on the podium for her class, as I fell into the middle of the pack.

Guilty! :? :? :?
Those things are everywhere.
Last time I took a bike upstairs to the bedroom for pics, the wife gave me the eye!

A great thread, and a gorgeous understated yet "Trick" build.

Very cool.

:cool:

So awesome! I just took a peek at your sons times from the K'ville race last year and I had no idea he was so fast! He did really great and on a heavier/all mtn bike to add...

This thread is quite an inspiration... My little guy is 5 years old and I hope he has the same appreciation for bikes I do...

Ben

Back