yeti fro, new project ....now rebuilt....

Dale cannon":2opzq707 said:
Nice to meet you and your Fro this afternoon!

Hi again,

Was good to meet you as well, Just wish i had been able to keep up with you :facepalm:
Oh well, im sure we will bump into one another again at the pines, and next time i will be in better shape..., hopefully :D

Good to know your on here....., hope to speak again soon...

Martin... ( red )

Re:

Hello again.

After its first blast and only a couple of very minor adjustments, i managed to get out this morning ( could'nt ask for better weather ).., nice 'n' easy local trail ride and a newly found route, stopping half way to take in the views from Hardwick hall in derbyshire.

Now i know its safe and working as it should, its now time to hand it over to my better half, who has yet to have a go..

Thank you to all have been watching this bike/build/thread and all the comments, i know its been exactly a year since buying it, and i think ive done the right thing keeping its patina...

Hope every one likes it :)

Some photo's from this morning

1990 yeti fro by redfern1950s, on Flickr

1990 yeti fro & team marin by redfern1950s, on Flickr

Re:

How can you not be happy with that :)

Lovely job mate. Love the colour and the components.

Really nice, one of my 'holy grail' bikes from back in the day. Great to see it out there being used :)

Re: Re:

Giom6":12qxkhem said:
How can you not be happy with that :)

Lovely job mate. Love the colour and the components.

Hi Gio, Hope you're well..
Cheer's mate, glad you like it.. it took a while to get to this point , i think riding it for the last year, and getting a feel for it, and then all the comments whilst out thrashing it... pointed me in the right direction..
And most of all, the missis is more than happy :D

Bye for now.

Red.

Neil G":3ob8jk31 said:
Really nice, one of my 'holy grail' bikes from back in the day. Great to see it out there being used :)

Cheer's Neil..

Glad you like it. and think the same way....

But when out "We still get stopped by none believers, saying we should buy something new"!!!

Never..... :D

Any way, good being on this forum for the real feedback.... :cool:

Red.

photo from today's blast...

Re:

Just an up date with this bike. "the finishing touch"

All good things come to he who waits, to be exact its been over 2 months to find a set of these, but worth the wait..

Yet again, ebay USA saves the day , and not a bad price either $8.50 + cheap postage, happy days :D

Brilliant quote on the back of the packaging :

"Faster & faster untill the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death"

Will post a photo soon, with the grips fitted..

Back