yeti fro, new project ....now rebuilt....

Re:

Hi all.

Bit of an update with some parts.

I was going to use black ringle mojo's, but so far ive only been able to find one !
I will be selling the black one, now that ive found a pair of mint ones in silver, which i think should go will with the campagnolo cantilevers.

Also : i will not be using the 'easton bars' mentioned earlier ( they have gone on my sherpa ), instead a NOS ritchey force light bar will be fitted..

The front mech pulley wheel is 3dv at the moment, this will be put to one side.. and a polished version with a new bearing will be fitted.

1990 yeti fro by redfern1950s, on Flickr

Re:

Go on Martin admit having seen IHateRains recent Ultimate builds viewtopic.php?f=6&t=297375&start=0
it made realise you'd better pull your finger out :LOL:

As for the 3DV pulley wheel.......... your taking the piss
I searched for ages to find one for my build and in the end had to settle for a silver one and a nice Purple bolt, your chuckin yours back in the parts bin :facepalm: i hate you !!!!!!!!!

And BTW you're right I think its safe to say you've had your monies worth out of those decals :LOL: :LOL: I can feel a PM to Gil coming soon. :D

Spud©™

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":1qxzjl9u said:
Go on Martin admit having seen IHateRains recent Ultimate builds viewtopic.php?f=6&t=297375&start=0
it made realise you'd better pull your finger out :LOL:

As for the 3DV pulley wheel.......... your taking the piss
I searched for ages to find one for my build and in the end had to settle for a silver one and a nice Purple bolt, your chuckin yours back in the parts bin :facepalm: i hate you !!!!!!!!!

And BTW you're right I think its safe to say you've had your monies worth out of those decals :LOL: :LOL: I can feel a PM to Gil coming soon. :D

Spud©™

Hi Nick...

Hope you're keeping well.

Yep, you're right, i will have to pull my finger out :D .. i love the work 'IHateRain' is doing with those ultimates, especially the work involved with the seat tube replacement on the black one, just pure perfection.. brilliant stuff and very inspiring ..

Ive got nearly all the decals, its just the down tube decals needed, ive got some ice axe decals, but think the original type would be more correct.

Ive been using the fro a lot just lately , and will be taking it to llandegla forest on wednesday or thursday, i think most of 'if not all' of my friends in lancashire will be in work , so a bit of a billy no mates ride, which i kind of like any way, get to meet new people for a change..
Any way, im over that way for a week or so, then once back here................

Strip down time......., Honestly :facepalm: ... and hope the powder coater is as good as he says..

Will take some photo's at llandegla...

Red.

PS, ive just taped the axe decal back on , squeezing the last penny out of it.. cant have it hanging off like it was .. :facepalm:

Re:

Update..

Checked out a local powder coater , and im happy to let them take the job..

But before i strip it down ive managed to get a few more rides in..,
The weather last thursday was perfect for a blast around llandegla forest's red route..
And what a blast it was, But i felt broken when i got back to my car, my old bones took a battering.
I was told not many people do the red route on a full rigid bike ! i wonder why :facepalm:

Some pics of the ride :

Brilliant place and was well worth the drive over.

jeanette took the fro to sherwood pines today, and done the red route.. which i think suits the fro perfectly,.

Re:

Hi.
Sorry about the delay with this build... mostly down to me not being able to make my mind up with what too do with this bike.
I had spoke with a couple of powder coaters, Both really good.. But with every one who has seen this bike all liking its originality ( me too ) ive decided to keep it that way.
All the rust spots ( lots of them ) mainly on the down tube have now been treated.

Spec :

Original to the bike :

3dv front mech pulley.
YST alloy head set.
Ritchey logic crank set. ( now polished and looking good )
syncros bottom bracket.
shimano xt pedals.
shimano xt front mech.
shimano xt rear mech.
shimano xt thumb shifters.

Parts changed along the way:

syncros titanium seat post.
flite saddle.
purple accutrax ( blue accutrax & stem ended up on my sherpa )
avid SD 2.0L levers.
yeti grips.
ringle bottle cage.

New to the build :

Campagnolo stheno rims/shimano hubs, nos HG70 12-28 cassette.
Repro panaracer smoke & dart.
NOS answer atac
NOS ritchey forcelite bars.
NOS sedis atb-z chain.
campagnolo icarus cantilevers.
NOS koolstops.
ringle mojo's.
NOS shimano 2mm cables. The ferrules came of my ultimate.
critical racing wheel skewers.
ringle seat skewer.

I still have the FTW stem and would have kept using it, but because my better half jeanette use's this more than i do, she was needing a bit more rise, luckily i was able to find a new Atac stem.

Any way, apart from the head decal ( needs a 2nd generation fitting ) i think thats about it

Hope you like it..

Will take better photo's when out for its first blast..

IHateRain":ktc6ezl6 said:
Look´s like a fun ride to me, Red

Happy trails
IHateRain

Hello again,

Hope you are well, and enjoying your yeti's as well.

Your right, this fro is lots of fun, and now even better than expected, since rebuilding it up.
Im glad ive gone down this route with it, i think if i had restored it properly it wouldnt be the same..
The biggest difference is its handling, down to the fitting of wider/uncut bars, and tyre choice.
All i can say is : i highly recommend smoke/dart tyre's, ive always rated 'red z-max' but these, my god, they are brilliant, even though i nearly hit a tree yesterday :facepalm:
Its first ride out was pretty good, and only the back brake needed readjusting a couple of times, may give it another tweak today.

I will get some pics next time out on it.

Red.

PS, i really like your RM blizzard......, very cool bike..., i had a feeling it would win 'botm' congrats on that. :D

Back